Author Topic: how long?  (Read 1754 times)

Offline tnel00son

• Silver Member
how long should i wear this damn vest? its been like 3 weeks post op. how long did you guys wear yours for? i dont feel pain anymore except for when i jog but that is only very mild since i wear underarmor for when i work out. also, are the nipples a little bit puffy after surgery for everyone? mine are a little bit puffy but they are not even a bit close to what they were like before. im just wondering.

Offline jc71

• Wilma, grab the lotion, we're going to the beach!
I had to wear mine for 30 days.

Best advice is to simply follow your Doctors instructions (whether you think you need the vest or not).

Offline usernameX

• Gold Member
Heh its hard to say bro.

Some people have gone against doctors orders and have died.

Some have gone against doctors orders and lived.

Im not talking gyno operation here but doctors orders are in most cases like this, just a guideline. To be honest with you... I took off my bandages the next day after my surgery to shower. Then I wore my compression vest I had from a while ago and mainly did that for a bit. But even that, after about a week, I started only wearing it when I went out. If it drives you nuts, take it off man. 3 weeks post op should be ok. Wear the compression vest out so you look good. Not for around the house stuff. Thats a serious pain in the ass.
Had surgery with Dr. J.C. Fielding on August 2nd.

Offline quickhelpplz

• Posting Member
Heh its hard to say bro.

Some people have gone against doctors orders and have died.

Some have gone against doctors orders and lived.

Im not talking gyno operation here but doctors orders are in most cases like this, just a guideline. To be honest with you... I took off my bandages the next day after my surgery to shower. Then I wore my compression vest I had from a while ago and mainly did that for a bit. But even that, after about a week, I started only wearing it when I went out. If it drives you nuts, take it off man. 3 weeks post op should be ok. Wear the compression vest out so you look good. Not for around the house stuff. Thats a serious pain in the ass.

uhh died?
« Last Edit: September 05, 2006, 03:23:34 PM by quickhelpplz »

Offline usernameX

• Gold Member
Like I said, NOT from gyno surgery. Ever hear a doctor say "youll never walk again" and with some time and rehabilitation, people take up running as a sport? Again, there just guidelines for best results. Having to wear the compression vest straight for 6 weeks not including showers ofcourse is a royal pain in the ass. During the day is acceptable, I did it for a while but non stop is just too much. I like to sleep o'natural :-* :)

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024