Author Topic: Poll: Successfull operation or Unsuccessfull oper.  (Read 3479 times)

Offline Gynecomastia1617

• Bronze Member
  • Movin' on up!
I am interested in what the success rate on these operations are. Can I get some responses from people who have everybody who has had on operation.

Offline jc71

• Wilma, grab the lotion, we're going to the beach!
I'm 5 months post op.

I'm Satisfied. I think a little more could have been removed, but overall it's a big improvement.

I'm able to wear clothes that I never would have worn before.

Most guys here will probably say not satisfied, because if they were, they'd be gone.

There's a few of us "exceptions" out there.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2006, 08:04:25 PM by jc71 »

Offline Hypo-is-here

I am interested in what the success rate on these operations are. Can I get some responses from people who have everybody who has had on operation.

You cannot possibly find what you are looking for really can you?

I mean given differing people have...well differing expectations, some unrealistic;

How can you make sense of any poll on this given the subjectivity and mindset involved in answering the question?

I know of many guys here/who have been through here who are perfectionists/have BDD.  They either have zero or little gynecomastia to start with, but if they have an operation they will tell you that the procedure was unsuccessful, even if their chest looks perfect.  

Why?

Precisely because of their warped sense of perception.

Equally if I tell you I am happy with my surgery, which I am, what does that tell you?  

I mean you might not be happy if you were me as you will have your own definitions of what is acceptable and what is not.  I’m not trying to be awkward, just pointing out the limitations of the poll that I have added to.

« Last Edit: September 05, 2006, 02:36:00 PM by Hypo-is-here »

Offline usernameX

• Gold Member
Had surgery with Dr. J.C. Fielding on August 2nd.

Offline Gynecomastia1617

• Bronze Member
  • Movin' on up!
I agree with hypo as well. I am not a perfectionist though. I just want to have an average chest. Im not looking for a perfect chest. I mean, the way my chest is now (uneven, and puffy nipples),still alot of people have moved past that, and accepted me for who I am. I have an average sense of judgement. Whatever most people consider normal, I do as well. Im not looking for a perfect chest, just an average one,shit I'd even accept a little below average, and I would praise my surgeon if he did give me perfect chest, but I definetely have gynecomastia. My pre-op appt. is this month, and my op is in Oct. I need some advice on how to get ready for a great operation. Also keep postin on the poll!

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
You should have the idea by now that you probably will find it impossible to get a total response that is truly representative.

jc71 and Hypo are two exceptions, Yes there are a few more as well, in that they are both happy with their surgical results and still here.

Many people who have had successful surgery simply lose interest in this site and we hear from them no more.

This means that most of the people who you want to respond to your poll no longer have an interest in this site.
Grandpa Dan

Offline Carn

• Posting Member
You should have the idea by now that you probably will find it impossible to get a total response that is truly representative.

jc71 and Hypo are two exceptions, Yes there are a few more as well, in that they are both happy with their surgical results and still here.

Many people who have had successful surgery simply lose interest in this site and we hear from them no more.

This means that most of the people who you want to respond to your poll no longer have an interest in this site.

I also see it is that the people who don't post here anymore are probably very pleased with their surgery. They probably are out doing alot of stuff they've never been able to do and now it's finally thier chance. I mean if you "lost" ATLEAST 5-6 years of your life refusing to go swimming or any other activity that would make your Gyne obvious to the public, you'd probably want to make up for that as quickly as possible. I know I will.

BUT, I hope that I'll be able to stay on this site for a little while, probably just for the first 6-12 months when I'm recovering from the surgery. You know, just contribute a little so that in the future someone can look back on my experiances.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2006, 09:08:54 PM by eim9 »

Offline Tim_Hortons_Coffee

• Bronze Member
  • Chilli Deal
I have a minor one sided case.

First op two years ago, quite unsuccessful and a big letdown all around.

Second op was just over a month ago, final results are yet to be seen.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2006, 09:20:33 PM by Tim_Hortons_Coffee »
May ye' spend half an hour in Heaven before the devil knows you're dead.

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
In retrospect, I cannot blame my gynecomastia for me missing out on anything in my life.

My Attitude about the Gynecomastia, about myself, about what other people might say; Those are the things that kept me from a lot of fun.

We who have this condition are not in any way freaky. The truth is that our condition is so common that it is statistically normal.

Reality is that the world at large is very ignorant of this condition.  Up to a certain point of realization, that would include us as well.

It is true to say that almost all of the problems associated with Gynecomastia are actually Psychological. Oddly enough, the cure of these psychological problems is surgery.

The only alternative to surgery for most of us is living with the condition as it is.

There are some who have been helped by medications, But it only works on a small number of selected patients.

Offline Tim_Hortons_Coffee

• Bronze Member
  • Chilli Deal
It all depends on the severity of the mental anguish. There are some men on these boards who have literally not removed their shirts around friends, family or even girlfriends/wives for decades. These men have been seriously scarred by the condition, but still it is psychological rather than physical.

There are some men on these boards who could really benefit from counselling about their condition and how it has affected their social lives. This could be  useful pre or post op for some.

Each case is different.

Offline jack9

• Bronze Member
I had surgery in May.  I check in every now and then.  I am completely satisfied.  I had mild gyn. Lived with it for years and didn't really let it interfer with life. However, I was not only shirtless at the beach and pool, but basically all summer.  If I was sweeping the garage and was hot, off came the shirt.  It is quite liberating.  If you're thinking about surgery, go for it.

Offline merle

• Gold Member
  • Author, Psychotherapist, Consultant
    • Merle James Yost, LMFT
I have a post gyne surgery poll on the site. I just sent out results to the subscribing surgeons. I don't have the numbers off the top of my head and I will try to find a way to post the results, but as I recall the vast majority are very happy with the results of surgery.

Merle
Demystifying Gynecomastia: Men with Breasts
The first book on Gynecomastia

My newest book: Facing the Truth of Your Life is very relevant to members of this forum. It could save you a lot of unnecessary pain and time.

Book books are available on Amazon. FTTOYL is also available through your local bookstore or on Audible or iTunes.

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
17 months post-op and very happy with surgery results.

John.
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline jc71

• Wilma, grab the lotion, we're going to the beach!
Bambu:

gezz - 17 months already?  :o

Time flys
« Last Edit: September 06, 2006, 08:42:07 PM by jc71 »

Offline daddynubbie

• Bronze Member
  • Daddy has nubbies just like mommy!
This is interesting,  I am satisfied with my results so far.

The mental part is a real thing to overcome, I consider myself a solid person mentally with the abillity to reason and see things from an larger perspective.

That being said, I catch myself getting a little obsessive and overly concerned with my chest.  The results from the surgury are really good and I had a moderate/heavy case of Gyne.  This should be a huge relief for me and I am thankfull to be where I am at now but I still look and think " The left side is better than the right"  .  

The point is that the results are more than fine and I need to get past it.

Suffered For 20 years, 36 years old
Had 1st Surgery October 2005
Had Revision August 18, 2006
Looking Good So Far

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024