Author Topic: Does this surgical prcedure sound right?  (Read 1198 times)

Offline rich19007

• Posting Member
I am having a problem where I have a brownish liquid discharging from my nipples.   I went to 2 endocrinologists and all tests have come out fine, including a mamogram.  I was told to stop the leaking I would have to get the gland out.  My only issue is that if I am going to get the surgery, I want to get it right, both for that problem and aesthetics.  The surgeon said he will make an incision on the nipple and remove the gland that way.  I have read on this site that to do this surgery right, the gland has to be removed in addition to lipo, which this doctor did not mention.  I was also under the impression that in gynecomastia surgery, they make the incision at the bottom of the chest.  Can anybody enlighten me as to what the normal procrdure is?  I would hate to have to have surgery twice.

Offline Mr_Nip

• Had expensive surgery... Now I'm flat busted!
With mine the gland was removed through an incision around the areola, which was made smaller in diameter in the process.  Liposuction was done to remove the surrounding fat.  Your areola size may be normal already, which would mean a small incision would be made at the bottom part of your areola since it wouldn't have to be resized.  P.S.'s should usually try to make the smallest incision possible to accomplish the task at hand.
MR. NIP

I come from nowhere
And you should go there.
Just try it for a while.
The people from nowhere always smile.  -  Frank Zappa

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
My only issue is that if I am going to get the surgery, I want to get it right, both for that problem and aesthetics.  The surgeon said he will make an incision on the nipple and remove the gland that way.  I have read on this site that to do this surgery right, the gland has to be removed in addition to lipo, which this doctor did not mention.

Performing Lipo is not a 'necessity' in GRS. However, most PS's recommend the procedure to give your chest a good contour.

John.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2006, 07:48:24 AM by Bambu »
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024