Author Topic: Dr. Bermant, how do u know..?  (Read 2209 times)

Offline gynebob3

• Bronze Member
I have a case of "puffy nipples", or protruding areolas to be more correct. If they get cold or touched they look close to perfect..
Im worried that when the surgeon starts fooling around with my chest under surgery that the puffy nipples will retract because they are touched, or if I am cold. How will you  know what the final result will look like if they are retracted under the whole surgery?

Offline ddaavviidd

• Bronze Member
good question.  someone please answer

DrBermant

I have a case of "puffy nipples", or protruding areolas to be more correct. If they get cold or touched they look close to perfect..
Im worried that when the surgeon starts fooling around with my chest under surgery that the puffy nipples will retract because they are touched, or if I am cold. How will you  know what the final result will look like if they are retracted under the whole surgery?

Gynecomastia surgery is an art form, choosing your surgeon is like choosing an artist - sculptor.  Picking the right one is an important issue, not all surgeons have the same skills.

There is a thin muscle under the skin that contracts when stimulated.  This contraction can obscure both the examination and what needs to be done during surgery.  I treat many patients with subtle forms of gynecomastia and have evolved techniques for both evaluation and surgical sculpture.  For the finesse gynecomastia patient in the examination, I use a standardized warm room temperature, examine tissues with the patient lying down and standing, and include both static and dynamic assessments.

I have a feeling that when you are under anestisia (spelling), it doesnt matter, your body will not react to any stimulation. Not a doctor, just a guess.

In the operating room the Tumescent Anesthesia distorts the chest further.  I use how the needle and cannula reacts to the tissue to guide my sculpture.  This is an important element in My Dynamic Technique.  Understanding what needs to be sculpted is part of the art form of this operation.  The many results on my website are typical for my patients with this technique.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Gynecomastia and Chest Sculpture
« Last Edit: September 12, 2006, 03:26:51 AM by DrBermant »

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024