Author Topic: gynecomastia from castration  (Read 6583 times)

Offline Murder_City

• Posting Member
  • good grief
so i had a medical problem a few years ago and no longer have my 2 boys, since having low testo to begin with and now having atleast what my girlfriend refers to a B cup, is there reversal on this at all? its mostly glandular, im not on HRT for testosterone and my actual estro is high

testosterone level is 28
estradial is 517

Offline merle

• Gold Member
  • Author, Psychotherapist, Consultant
    • Merle James Yost, LMFT
Only surgery. And it will likely come back. Not as big as before.

I take it that you can not be on HRT?

Merle
Demystifying Gynecomastia: Men with Breasts
The first book on Gynecomastia

My newest book: Facing the Truth of Your Life is very relevant to members of this forum. It could save you a lot of unnecessary pain and time.

Book books are available on Amazon. FTTOYL is also available through your local bookstore or on Audible or iTunes.

Offline Murder_City

• Posting Member
  • good grief
my Dr. wants to wait for that.  Will testosterone make it go away?

this is not fat deposit as I am not heavy set, these things look like breasts not fat....

I also mentioned about those montgomery tubercles and how they have a little liquidy substance i can squeeze out like a little pimple...

Offline Murder_City

• Posting Member
  • good grief
Merle

if i start testosterone will it go away?

thanks

Offline Hypo-is-here

so i had a medical problem a few years ago and no longer have my 2 boys, since having low testo to begin with and now having atleast what my girlfriend refers to a B cup, is there reversal on this at all? its mostly glandular, im not on HRT for testosterone and my actual estro is high

testosterone level is 28
estradial is 517

If you have had both testicles removed you have virtually zero testosterone, so I presume that 28 relates to the american ng/dl where the bottom of the range is 300ng/dl or there abouts and stems from your adrenals.

Fact;

It is reckless and utterly irresponsible to not put you on some form of testosterone replacement therapy (TRT) unless you have a specific condition that contraindicates its use (breast or prostate cancer).

In acting this way your doctor is seriously threatening both your short and long term health.

Tell me where you are in the US in terms of city and state and let me get you a list of proper endocrinologist in your area who will try and treat you properly.

You need help you and you need to loose this bloody fool of a doctor...so let me help you?

P.S

I am not posting on the site at the moment due to my own circumstances- this situation was/is so bad I felt compelled to write.

Offline merle

• Gold Member
  • Author, Psychotherapist, Consultant
    • Merle James Yost, LMFT
It all depends on the amount of breast tissue that you have grown. Go on the testoserone and see what happens.

Merle

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
The adrenal gland produces a small amount of testosterone which probably accounts for what was present in his labs.
Grandpa Dan

Offline Murder_City

• Posting Member
  • good grief
i started testosterone yesterday 200mg/ml every 2 weeks, is that enough? or not having any testosterone do i need more?

Offline Hypo-is-here

Everyone is different.  

That dosage maybe enough, too much or too little.  The protocol in terms of the timing between doses maybe too far apart or suit you down to the ground.  You may do well on injections or require a differing form of TRT and all this is before considering estradiol and any other potential ancillary meds.

If you feel well and happy then that is all that matters, symptoms first bloods second.

If you do not feel well in yourself or something seems amiss then you need a further evaluation of your situation with a competant and experienced endocrinologist.

It is very much a case of different strokes for different folks.  If it works for you it is right, if it doesn't work for you it is wrong- no matter what any doctor says.  Make sure that you are on a treatment that works for you.

If any given doctor is less than helpful and doesn't get you to where you need to be then get rid of them- this is your life after all.

Offline Murder_City

• Posting Member
  • good grief
started testosterone last monday, wow, this stuff works fast...i can already see change especially in areola and nipple, still some gland but definately has changed (subsided maybe) anyway its a nice feeling
still cant wear regular shirts but getting there

Offline flex1appeal

I was informed that any male producing normal amounts of natural testosterone usally produces about 250mg per week. So, I think the dosing is a bit low if these numbers are indeed correct. I was told this years back by my endocrinologist. But maybe they are starting you at this dosing for a reason. Not sure what the reason is though.

flex

Offline Hypo-is-here

I was informed that any male producing normal amounts of natural testosterone usally produces about 250mg per week. So, I think the dosing is a bit low if these numbers are indeed correct. I was told this years back by my endocrinologist. But maybe they are starting you at this dosing for a reason. Not sure what the reason is though.

flex

Whoever said that was talking out of their ass Flex.

The male body produces between 7-10 mgs of testosterone per day....you may find some sources that differ and say 5-10 mgs.

That said natural testosterone is often FAR more efficient than that found via TRT as its drip drip effect often ensures lower levels of conversion to estradiol and in comparatively higher levels of free testosterone.

When it comes to TRT the method of replacement often greatly affects the resulting endocrine profile in terms of testosterone, DHT estradiol level etc and differing people have entire differing endocrine responses to both dosage and form of replacement.

e.g  Androgel is prescribed as 5-10mgs a day and often results in elevated DHT and to a lesser extent E2 levels (especially at the high dose- but not always!).  

Ethanate injections are typically prescribed at 250mgs every two to three weeks.  Though this protocol of treatment often results in a sawtooth/rollercoaster effect in terms of hormonal levels and symptoms…again though not always!.  

A more preferable protocol of ethanate injections are usually 100mgs or therabouts (depending on symptomatic response) per week- but not always!.

Again jumping back to how the dosage can mean entirely differing levels....it is due to the method of delivery or entry into the endocrine system.  A lot of gel can be lost on the skin via application irrespective of the form (some people absob the gel better than others).  If testosterone gel is applied to the armpits it usually has a much high uptake and resultant levels.  Again if a testosterone cream is placed on the scrotum it results in much higher DHT levels because of that area is packet with alpha reductase responsive receptors.

Nebido is a long acting testosterone undecanoate injection that is sometimes used in Europe.  It has a very long half life and is sometimes injected in doses of 1000mgs....

Again the response of the individual both to dose and form of replacement is key.  The exact reason for a given response is poorly understood but certainly it relates to genetics, cause of hypogonadism etc.  

I have know people with the same low testosterone levels given the same 5mgs of Androgel per day where one person ends up with a testosterone level of 800ng/dl and the other 220ng/dl.

So many factors and not a single endocrinologist in the world can claim to know what any individuals response will be!  

In terms of how much androgen a man has- you have to look beyond the numbers anyway as they can mean little to nothing….something as simple as differing numbers of CAG androgen receptor repeats can ensure this…..it is also a fact seen in men with Klinefelters, alpha 5 reductase deficiency, PAIS and a whole range of conditions which result in differing levels of cellular response to androgens that go way beyond the numbers……this is true even in health men and that is before considering much more simple factors like measuring free testosterone levels, SHBG etc

P.S

Excuse poor spelling, I'm not too well and was trying to put the points across at speed.

« Last Edit: September 27, 2006, 03:21:47 PM by Hypo-is-here »

Offline Murder_City

• Posting Member
  • good grief
thanks, yeah ill just wait and see, my level was at 812 before my surgery so i think im absorbing it rather well
but its been 2 years with no hormone at all and developing effeminately, you could say, so i want to stop that

Offline Hypo-is-here

Symptoms first- bloods second.

As long as you are well, subjectively satisfied with treatment and not suffering any knock on effect like high E2 and as long as PSA, DRE, Hemocrit etc all good....then great.

All the best!

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024