Author Topic: Went for consult good news/bad news  (Read 3099 times)

Offline nonini

• Silver Member
Good news ;D
Well I went to see the doc today, very friendly guy I was quite confortable he seamed to know what he was talking about, explained that its hard to tell if its gland/fat until they cut you open.

He said they can either do Lipo which wont remove gland if there is any, or they can cut around my nipple and take everything out that way, not just the gland but the fat included so no need for lipo.

The best news is that its considered a medical condition so my Insurance my might cover at least some part of it.

Bad News. :-/
I will have to get drains put in if I have the excision option.
Also he said heamatomas are not uncomon.
Also if they do the excision the cut might extend a bit out of the aerola line like this.

the red being the cut.

Offline GynecoMan

• Bronze Member
  • You Are What You Believe
sounds like you are ready to go man ...best of luck.

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
Hematoma (It has several different spellings, depending upon where you are) Is simply a fancy word meaning a bruise.

Grandpa Dan

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline nonini

• Silver Member
Hematoma (It has several different spellings, depending upon where you are) Is simply a fancy word meaning a bruise.

he was talking about internal bleeding.

Offline ricochet

• Posting Member
The doctor that I visited told me liposuction could remove tissue. Does anyone know for sure if this is true?
-T

Offline headheldhigh01

• destined to stand on a beach shirtless
that claim is probably overstated.  bermant had a useful post on that in the last few days, think it was about vaser.  ultrasonic will break it up a little, but only in the softest cases, and many who get lipo only have been unhappy with the results.  ask him to guarantee satisfaction in writing, otherwise i'd say if you've got significant tissue, demand an excision element.  
* a man is more than a body will ever tell
* if it screws up your life the same, is there really any such thing as "mild" gyne?

Offline jc71

• Wilma, grab the lotion, we're going to the beach!
agree with Head.

If I have any complaint about my results, it's that they didn't remove enough fat.

The good news is, they got the gland out of there.

Prior to the surgery, when I would put my hands on my hips and flex my chest, it would come to an ugly point/cone shape behind the areola.

Now I flex and it's completely flat.

My point is, I can't stress enough the positive results I got from excision.

I just don't think it could have been achieved with lipo alone.  
« Last Edit: September 16, 2006, 09:20:55 PM by jc71 »

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024