Author Topic: Why tell parents if ur too young to have surgery??  (Read 1807 times)

Offline d3ll

• Posting Member
Why? Im 15, it sucks, i can't do ANYTHING about this, even if i had the money, commitment from parents etc.!

Offline Mr_Nip

• Had expensive surgery... Now I'm flat busted!
Why? Im 15, it sucks, i can't do ANYTHING about this, even if i had the money, commitment from parents etc.!

Because it's a lot for parents to swallow at first.  If you start talking now, then they will be more on board with you when it's finally time for surgery if needed.  

If you wait until you are ready for surgery then:

A.  You will have missed out on their support until that time.

B.  You risk prolonging the surgery until the parents have had time to process the information and realize you're serious about it (They'll say, "...after all, this is the first time you've mentioned it, honey").  

C.  You lose out on your parents taking you to an endocrinologist to see if there are steps you can take to possibly avoid having to have surgery in the first place.
That's the step you should be taking right now, and your parents need to be in the loop to make it happen.

MR. NIP

I come from nowhere
And you should go there.
Just try it for a while.
The people from nowhere always smile.  -  Frank Zappa

Offline GynecoMan

• Bronze Member
  • You Are What You Believe
I totally agree...
I wish I knew what I had when I was your age....;D

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
Your parents can help in many ways.

You should see a doctor who is knowlegable about Gynecomastia. Usually this would be an Endocrinologist who specializes in reproductive issues. Your parents would have to schedule and pay for these doctor visits.

It is possible that you may need help in selecting and fitting garments  to conceal your Gynecomastia. Who better than Mom?

Sometimes it is a great relief just to know that it is no longer a secret and that someone else really cares.

Often the parent already knows, but does not say anything because they do not want to put you on the spot. If this is the case, They will not open the subject for discussion so you must; unless you prefer to suffer in silence and alone.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2006, 05:55:07 PM by Paa_Paw »
Grandpa Dan

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024