Author Topic: Two weeks post-op - puffy on one side  (Read 2259 times)

Offline toxicity

• Posting Member
Hi,
I am two weeks post op on an excision (250cc's? or gm's from each side). My ride side is perfect, however my left isnt (had swelling problems). My swelling has pretty much subsided, but my aerola is still sticking out (not nearly as far as before). Is this just the remnants of swelling (can it push out your aerola?), or will I need some kind of revision?

I don't understand in an excision operation how the doctor can cut stuff out and not have it work, does tissue come back from somewhere else in your chest to fill the gaps?

Thanks

Offline headheldhigh01

• destined to stand on a beach shirtless
swelling could be unevenly distributed as a result of how each side was handled differently.  you should probably have the doc check for a seroma anyway though, which is just a pocketing of fluid.  even two weeks is probably still much too early to decide whether a revision is needed yet.  but post op impatience or nervousness is par for the course, so just check in with the guy and don't panic yet.  
* a man is more than a body will ever tell
* if it screws up your life the same, is there really any such thing as "mild" gyne?

Offline Ps3touch

• Posting Member
I am two weeks postop and have the same issue as the first post. My doc did excision and ual liposuction.  Anyone else have this problem? I think its a seroma but I don't know.

DrBermant

Hi,
I am two weeks post op on an excision (250cc's? or gm's from each side). My ride side is perfect, however my left isnt (had swelling problems). My swelling has pretty much subsided, but my aerola is still sticking out (not nearly as far as before). Is this just the remnants of swelling (can it push out your aerola?), or will I need some kind of revision?

I don't understand in an excision operation how the doctor can cut stuff out and not have it work, does tissue come back from somewhere else in your chest to fill the gaps?

Thanks
Two weeks is very early after some surgical techniques.

Posting standardized after male chest surgery photographs is a good way of helping others understand your concerns.  You will note that my standard views include those that will not look good if there is a problem.  Flexing tissues tends to show residual tissue and adhesions.  That is why they are part of this standard set, so you can evaluate both the original problem and what surgery accomplished.

How tissues evolve after surgery depends on the original problem, what was done, skill of your surgeon, after care, how you heal, and other factors.

Secondary Surgery may an option for those who had prior surgery, but tissues typically need to heal and evolve first.

Such issues are better discussed during a consultation with your surgeon or someone who can advise you about your options.  We help patients explore such issues during consultations or preliminary remote discussions.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Gynecomastia and Chest Sculpture

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024