Author Topic: Glandular gyno  (Read 5776 times)

Offline reymysterio

• Bronze Member
Hi guys, I'd like to know if glandular gyno is due to high estrogen levels. I've read a case of a man who reduced his gyno using chrysin. Is this another scam?
Every answer will be really appreciated.
You can find the success before sweating only on your dictionary.

Offline Time_to_fix_it

• Gold Member
Quote ...... “An imbalance between oestrogen action relative to androgen action at the breast tissue results in (glandular) gynecomastia.”  (GD Braunstein Dept of Medicine UCLA California).

Note the word IMBALANCE.  This might mean too much oestrogen, too little testosterone or a situation where both of these are within the “normal” range but still out of balance.  Taking a guess that it is too much oestrogen and self medicating would be foolish and possibly dangerous.

Get your hormones checked out by an endocrinologist and find out what has caused or is causing the imbalance and therefore your gyne.  Remember gyne is a physical change to your body that happens as a result of a hormonal imbalance.  The trick is to find out what has gone wrong with the hormones first before messing with your endocrinal mechanism by treating it with anti-oestrogens or aromatise inhibitors.

Good luck
Surgery performed by Mr Levick at The Priory Hospital Bimingham (UK) 20th October 2006

Offline reymysterio

• Bronze Member
Thank you so much!

Offline Time_to_fix_it

• Gold Member
Something I said?  Your reply and exclamation mark makes me wonder if there is more to this thread than you have said.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2006, 12:35:35 AM by Time_to_fix_it »

Offline reymysterio

• Bronze Member
Nothing else, I'm only glad to know that a good endo can help me to reduce it avoiding surgery. I think I can live with a minimal gyno; so the little it will become, the Happier will be reymysterio.

Offline Needhelp

• Posting Member
Im new to this but the advice to see a endocrinologist seems to be excellent advise.

My situation is more complicated because I think my gynecomastia comes from medication I'm taking to reduce my trygicerides.

There are so many medications out there that have side effect now days. I'm Im on Advicor. If anyone knows anything about this medication and its side effects please pass it on.

My internist didn't even know Advicor caused gynecomastia until I told him which was very disturbing to me.

Offline outshined

• Bronze Member

Offline Bradley07

• Silver Member
well, i'm no expert but based on my personal research, i would say yes, that looks like glandular gyne.  just go get a consultation (some docs even do it for free) and then you'll know for sure. and you're not under any obligation to do anything based on what the doc says. so what do you have to lose? my consultation is tomorrow (monday). good luck to you!

Offline outshined

• Bronze Member
ok im assuming regular doctors probably aren't going to know.. I call a endocrinologist at the hospital correct?

Offline merle

• Gold Member
  • Author, Psychotherapist, Consultant
    • Merle James Yost, LMFT
You have got a beautiful chest, from those photos I don't see a problem.

Merle
Demystifying Gynecomastia: Men with Breasts
The first book on Gynecomastia

My newest book: Facing the Truth of Your Life is very relevant to members of this forum. It could save you a lot of unnecessary pain and time.

Book books are available on Amazon. FTTOYL is also available through your local bookstore or on Audible or iTunes.

Offline outshined

• Bronze Member
haha.. well its only a mild case I know.. but it's still very noticeable especially compared to my friends.. and what bugs me is some of them don't do a damn thing as far as working out is concerned.. yet their chest looks fine.   I am going to try adding some different chest exercises to my workout (incline bench, bardips etc).. I've heard this can go either way.. i'm hoping it doesn't worsen the gyne!

Offline headheldhigh01

• destined to stand on a beach shirtless
agree, that's a pretty clear case of mild to low intermediate gyne to me.  with due respect to merle, the risk for people with more severe cases is to assume that anything less than a c cup isn't really gyne, and from years of personal experience, i know much better.  

the problem behind what you describe is that working out, though you should ideally get fit before a surgery, will not reduce the gyne at all but will reduce what hides the gyne and make it more obvious.  
« Last Edit: September 24, 2006, 06:54:16 PM by headheldhigh01 »
* a man is more than a body will ever tell
* if it screws up your life the same, is there really any such thing as "mild" gyne?

Offline outshined

• Bronze Member
I keep hearing mixed things so I am not really sure what to do anymore :-/  

Offline headheldhigh01

• destined to stand on a beach shirtless
depends on whether you want to accept them or be rid of them.  if it's the second, you'd talk to a surgeon, who i think would agree with me right away that you have it.  if you're still in your teens, you might talk to an endocrinologist first to make sure the hormones are stable enough to keep it from coming back.  

Offline outshined

• Bronze Member
i'm 22.. the wait for the city im in is over a year right now so I guess i'm looking for temporary solutions.. especially for next summer

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024