Author Topic: One side only  (Read 1561 times)

Offline Needhelp

• Posting Member
My gyne is on one side only. Im pretty sure it is a side effect from medication Im taking but was wondering if anyone else has a simular problem.

Would a endocrinologist be the most qualified doctor to find out my problem or an internist.

thanks again

Offline headheldhigh01

• destined to stand on a beach shirtless
infrequent, but it happens.  what med and how long have you had it?  maybe the endo if it's med-related.  
* a man is more than a body will ever tell
* if it screws up your life the same, is there really any such thing as "mild" gyne?

Offline Needhelp

• Posting Member
The medication is advicor which is used to lower cholesterole and trygicerides.

It is listed as a adverse effect from the medication and states it may just effect one side but there is no explaination to the cause.

I have a doctor appointment with a endo on Thursday and my internist has requested information on this from the makers of Advicor but they have not responded yet. I can't wait to see what is in there report.

Anyone else who has input on gyn effecting one side please add to this post

Thanks

Offline Worrier

• Gold Member
Hi I had gyno affecting one side. Not the same drug as yours though.

I saw an endo a few weeks after the enlargement. Had some hormone tests and asked me some questions about my lifestyle and medications. My blood tests were normal and he said it was the drug doing it. I also had heavy weight gain form the drug which made my gyno look worse.

He stated that sometimes drug induced gyno will either resolve ,completely , partially or not at all on removal of the drug. He said surgery wasn't appropriate while still taking the drug. If I stayed on it the gyno would either stabalise or get worse. I opted to come off it.

Nothing happened and I consulted a PS in the UK an NHS one. She said that one sided gyno is more complicated for PS's than normal gyno and because I had just come off the drug and was overweight I should wait and see. I got seriously fit for a year and my gyno resolved. The PS says I don't need an op now I still went back to see her as I still see breasts even though they have gone ;D.But I'm a loon!

My advice is seeing an endo is a must. as you need to eliminate what is causing the enlargement. If it is the drug you can ask to take something else or just come off it. Apparently in most cases the enlargement will stop after the drug is taken out. You can then consider your options  on what to do next.

Good Luck.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024