Author Topic: QUESTION  (Read 2102 times)

Offline rocketrob

• Silver Member
  • GYNO IS A BIATCH!
When there is tissue removed under the nip through cutting and removing.... does the person have to where those bags to catch drainage or is that for more serious gyne removal.

I go back soon for cut and removal because just lipo didnt do the trick.. want to see how long im off work

Offline Hypo-is-here

I think the drains relate to the lipo side of the operation only.  I know with my operation that the drains only related to the lipo sites and not the excision.

I suppose this could be different if you were having excision via the armpits or an old fashioned anchor scar etc.

I doubt you will have drains for exision only but give your surgeon a call and know where you stand.

Offline rocketrob

• Silver Member
  • GYNO IS A BIATCH!
Thanks for your response hipo..... I know that it will be an excision under the nipple.... very small... I just wanted to be sure that I'm back to work ASAP

Offline jc71

• Wilma, grab the lotion, we're going to the beach!
Agree. I doubt you'll get drains for excision of glandular tissue.

Pick up the phone and call the Dr.'s office. His assistant can probably answer that question.

You don't need to wait to talk with the PS.

DrBermant

When there is tissue removed under the nip through cutting and removing.... does the person have to where those bags to catch drainage or is that for more serious gyne removal.

I go back soon for cut and removal because just lipo didnt do the trick.. want to see how long im off work

The need for drains depends on the complexity of the surgery, skill of the surgeon, techniques used, and other factors.  Revision Gynecomastia Surgery can be more complex with a greater chance to need drains. With my Dynamic Technique, I typically do not need drains.  I prefer methods that minimize bruising and swelling such that the need for drains just does not happen but a few times a year for all of the gynecomastia surgery I perform.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Gynecomastia and Chest Sculpture
« Last Edit: October 03, 2006, 05:27:53 PM by DrBermant »

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024