Author Topic: 1st post w/Pics, input appreciated  (Read 2403 times)

Offline Alexander

• Posting Member
Hey guys,

I'm going to see my GP this thurs to have him take a look at my chest. Basically, I have one puffy/tender nipple on the left side with semi-hard tissue behind right behind it (from what I've read this is more than likely the swollen gland issue associated w/ gyne?). This developed approx 6-8 weeks ago, and hasn't really gotten better or worse...just the same. The other nipple is not really showing the same symptoms, however, both breasts have had the conical shape that guys often talk about in here for a few years, getting worse with age it seems, even though I've always been active and working out most of my life.  

So, to my questions:

Are there any specific questions I should ask my GP in relation to this? Any tests that I should expect him to do? If he says I have gynecomastia on the one side, then I'll need surgery in all likelihood if I want to get rid of it? I've been thinking about lypo in the chest to get rid of the excess fat that just won't go away w/ exercise, but if I have this gland problem, then I'll have to get that excised as well, right? Otherwise, from what I've read in here, the swollen gland/puffy nipple issue will more than likely still persist?

I'll try to post a pic or two if that helps at all. Meanwhile, I'll be scanning through the boards and stickys for info. I just found this board today so now my head is swimming. I know normal ettiquette is to read through the boards as much as possible before posting. I was just hoping for some quick pointers before my visit to the doc on thurs if at all possible. Any input is greatly appreciated.

« Last Edit: October 12, 2006, 07:18:53 AM by Alexander »

Offline Hypo-is-here

Request a consultation to see an endocrinologist to evaluate your hormones.  Gynecomastia is caused (one way or another) by a hormone imbalance whether it is temporary or permanent.

Having an evaluation as to its cause seems perfectly/eminently reasonable- as long as you definitely have gynecomastia.

Offline Alexander

• Posting Member
Thanks Hypo, I suspected I'd need to see an endoc.

Here's the pics I promised:

Just added pics:

http://s110.photobucket.com/albums/n107/AlexanderAlbum/

Oh, and in case this helps:
H: 6-0
W:170
Fitness level: Workout 4-6 days a week, including cardio. Very low bodyfat.

Offline Mr_Nip

• Had expensive surgery... Now I'm flat busted!
Yes, those pictures show what I see as a classic gyne case.  Take Hypo's advice on seeing an endo.  GP's sometimes don't understand gynecomastia; and some don't even recognize it when it's staring them in the face.  If you've been seeing and feeling changes over the past few weeks/months, then I'd definitely recommend seeing the endo sooner rather than later.

As for the conical breasts, my feeling is that since you've had the condition for several years lipo and excision will be the ultimate answer for you...  That's after the hormones are determined to be balanced, though.  
MR. NIP

I come from nowhere
And you should go there.
Just try it for a while.
The people from nowhere always smile.  -  Frank Zappa

Offline Murder_City

• Posting Member
  • good grief
you dont need to stare at mine to notice, I cant even wear a regular shirt, and then i get a baggy button up and it looks silly cause its so big looking on me

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024