Author Topic: Consultation Question  (Read 1993 times)

Offline titus

Hi everyone,

I'm 29 years old and have had gynecomastia for a while. This board has played a major role in convincing me to go in for surgery for my gynecomastia and has been an excellent source of information. I talked to a ps in my area and I'd appreciate any answers for a question I have reagarding that consult.

The ps was very informative, willing to answer all my questions and seemed to know what he was doing. However, he took only a cursory look with my shirt off. I was wondering if an estimate of how much fat/glandular tissue to remove would need to be made, and when this would take place. Would this take place during a preoperative consult or right before surgery?

I was told if I decide to proceed with the surgery, I will be given a physical and be scheduled for surgery. It appears as though the estimate on how to contour/sculpt will be made right before/during the surgery. Is this normal? Thanks

Offline Mr_Nip

• Had expensive surgery... Now I'm flat busted!
Hi everyone,

I'm 29 years old and have had gynecomastia for a while. This board has played a major role in convincing me to go in for surgery for my gynecomastia and has been an excellent source of information. I talked to a ps in my area and I'd appreciate any answers for a question I have reagarding that consult.

The ps was very informative, willing to answer all my questions and seemed to know what he was doing. However, he took only a cursory look with my shirt off. I was wondering if an estimate of how much fat/glandular tissue to remove would need to be made, and when this would take place. Would this take place during a preoperative consult or right before surgery?

I was told if I decide to proceed with the surgery, I will be given a physical and be scheduled for surgery. It appears as though the estimate on how to contour/sculpt will be made right before/during the surgery. Is this normal? Thanks

Yes, when I went for the consult the P.S. looked at me briefly and told me the way he envisioned my sculpting.
I agreed that he was on the right track and that was about it for that visit.    From what my P.S. told me, it is difficult to know how much fat there is to gland until actually getting me on the operating table.  What you've described seems normal to me.

MR. NIP

I come from nowhere
And you should go there.
Just try it for a while.
The people from nowhere always smile.  -  Frank Zappa

Offline titus

Thanks for the information!

Offline Hypo-is-here

If you have not had a hormone evaluation- that should be done prior to surgery.  

If your plastic surgeon has not had such foresight that means seeing an endocrinologist.

Offline titus

Thanks for that. Yes, I will be having my hormone levels evaluated.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024