Author Topic: Im worried :( 10 days post op , with pics  (Read 2895 times)

Offline gynebob3

• Bronze Member
Had surgery 10 days ago (excision through areola and lipo), and today I took everything off to shower my chest for the first time..
My right nipple looks good, but my left one looks really bad .. the areola skin under the nipple sticks out and it looks like a infection or something...it doesnt hurt, but its a little sore...and if I touch it it feels hard underneath...surgeon used resolvable stiches and glued it together...
what do you think? will it go away?
calling the surgeon tomorrow for sure..

link for photos
http://home.no/funkyguy/areola/

(text on areola.jpg says :  Brystvorte = Nipple,    Areola stikker ut = Areola sticks out )
høyre side means = right side
« Last Edit: October 15, 2006, 02:17:33 PM by gynebob3 »

Offline Mr_Nip

• Had expensive surgery... Now I'm flat busted!
I know it looks bad, but it's probably just bunched up there where the skin is pulled tight with the stiches.  Mine looked scary too, and they had incisions all the way around so they could be resized.  

Numbness is common.  Feeling may come back over several months, or it may not.  Mine are numb at 5 weeks post op.

Your surgeon will probably tell you to massage the area a couple of times a day after couple of weeks or so.  That will help greatly to start smoothing things out.

Yes, call your surgeon's office.  They should be able to directly answer all those questions for you.  I hope this settles your nerves for now.   :)

MR. NIP

I come from nowhere
And you should go there.
Just try it for a while.
The people from nowhere always smile.  -  Frank Zappa

Offline gynebob3

• Bronze Member
thanks for your reply :)
I actually used the wrong word, I meant 'sore', not 'numb'..
The red parts worry me quite a bit..

Offline Mr_Nip

• Had expensive surgery... Now I'm flat busted!
thanks for your reply :)
I actually used the wrong word, I meant 'sore', not 'numb'..
The red parts worry me quite a bit..

Sore is common too, but if you've noticed an increased soreness over 10 days then you may want to contact the P.S.  I would also say the same about the redness.  That's why I said "yes" to calling the surgeon's office tomorrow.   They may want you to come in for a look.  My P.S. told me that infections are possible, but very uncommon in gyne surgery if antibiotics are started on day 1 post op.   I wouldn't chance it, though... If you have a concern about infection then let them know ASAP.

Offline jones357

• Silver Member
keep us updated.  I just had a revision, and it got infected.  They drained about two ounces of blood out.  It may not sound like a lot, but it seemed like a ton to me.  They put me on an anti-biotic, and then my incision started to ooze through the tape they had covering it.  When I took the tape off it looked a lot worse than yours.  After the first surgery, nothing like this happened, and the scars were fine.  I am scared that this infection will leave a nasty scar.  Let me know if yours goes away.

Offline gynebob3

• Bronze Member
I called the surgeon the next day and he told me not to worry and that things would flatten out and it had something to do with the resolvable stiches he had used under the areola ..

Things look much better now :)
It was stupid of me to freak out after only 10 days...
Im not worried at all now! I selected a very experienced and skilled surgeon and I trust him.
Im pretty sure I will be very satisfied when Im 100% healed!

« Last Edit: October 21, 2006, 10:48:25 AM by gynebob3 »

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
It looks like an infection or something. What do you think?

I don't think that it is infected. However, it looks like the stitches either let go much too early, or the areola was pulled apart some how. The left areola is not healing correctly dude and will not look the same as your right areola. I could be wrong, but in pic #3, there is a red circle that I'm thinking is where the nipple should be. You should go to your PS and get him to have a look at it. It doesn't look right to me. Anyone else?

BTW dude, it's 'dissolvable' not 'resolvable'....   ;)

John.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2006, 06:22:17 AM by Bambu »
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024