Author Topic: Is gyno necessarily bad in the gay community?  (Read 6851 times)

Offline john_loren

• Bronze Member
On Thursday night I went to Mickey's, a mainstream gay bar in West Hollywood.  One of the dancers there had an almost perfect physique.  While he had great pecs, he also had a pretty apparent case of gyno hanging from them.  Not big breasts, but definitely something more than puffies.  

Anyway, I was surprised that patrons tipping him (and there were a lot of them) almost always focused on his pecs and nipples, with many of them squeezing or kneeding them.  He seemed to like it quite a bit, played with them himself from time to time on stage, and at one point even sqeezed one of his pecs and tried to lick it with his tongue.

Also, while certain poses accentuated the extent of his gyno (such as when he bent over), he seemed to make no attempt to hide the situation--and perhaps even reveled in it.

While I had observed that gay men in the leather bars were often into enlarged nipples/breasts, I hadn't so much noticed it in the gay mainstream.  Was this a strange aberration, or has anyone else noticed that gyno (at least to the extent that this guy had it) doesn't seem to be an issue (or is perhaps even a positive?) in the gay community?

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
I am not Gay, but the range of acceptance would seem to be as wide among them as it is elsewhere.

We have had contact with a number of Gay men who are truly suffering due to Gynecomastia.

At the opposite end of the spectrum are those who intentionally take Birth control pills to enlarge their breasts. While we would think this to be highly irregular, there are people (both straight and gay) who do this.

For those of us who are suffering of who have suffered; There seems to be no distinction between straight and/or gay.
Grandpa Dan

Offline Bradley07

• Silver Member
i'm gay and i have a very very mild case of gyne and i hate it and i'm having surgery to get rid of it. and i've known many gay men in my life and i don't know any of them that want breasts or like gyne if they do have it.

it's not related to being gay or hetero or whatever. it's an equal opportunity discriminator.

Offline headheldhigh01

• destined to stand on a beach shirtless
i'm not gay, but while some who are like it, including a troll or two at this site, most appear not to since it's seen as a detraction from a male physique.  just a tastes thing i guess.  
* a man is more than a body will ever tell
* if it screws up your life the same, is there really any such thing as "mild" gyne?

Offline eddy

I'm gay and I like guys with gynecomastia. Most straight guys will feel uncomfortable about it, not too sure about gay guys perception of the situation. But I'll only like to be with a guy with gynecomastia.

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
I have a fair number of gay men in my practice who have had gynecomastia surgery -- obviously, they didn't like their gyne.  However, mine is definitely a skewed sample -- I obviously don't see the guys in the gay community (or straight community for that matter) who are content with their gyne -- they never come to me for a consultation.

Bottom line:  I really don't think you can generalize -- gyne is an equal opportunity misery.

Dr Jacobs
Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

Offline LH617

• Posting Member
I'm gay and have a flabby chest and I feel a lot of self-consciousness about it - I cannot wait to have it fixed.  I never heard of gyne being a "thing" in the gay community.  In fact, it's been my experience that it is more desirable to have a manly chest.  I'd imagine what you observed was a very individualized thing (individual to the dancer, individual to the patrons).

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024