Author Topic: Surgery done on a Friday...able to work Monday?  (Read 1993 times)

Offline ny718

I'm plainning to have my surgery done on a Friday.  I'm going to have lyposuction to remove fat/gyne from my chest.  I'm planning to have it done on Friday afternoon.  I do a lot of walking in my job, will I be able to work on Monday; meaning would I be able to walk normally?

Offline Banglorian

• Posting Member
Whats the name of doc who is performing surgery ?

Offline ny718

I'm thinking of having done with Dr. George Lefkovits in Manhattan.  Does anyone else know other doctors for a more reasonable price in NYC?  

If I have it done on a Friday then when will I be able to walk or go to work on Monday?
« Last Edit: October 25, 2006, 06:01:23 AM by ny718 »

Offline Bradley07

• Silver Member
well, you'll certainly be able to walk. but i think you probably won't feel "al there" from the anasthesia and even more so if you are taking pain killers. i *could* have gone to work 3 days later if i really wanted to but if you don't have to then i would recommend against it. also, you won't be able to lift your arms high or push/pull or lift heavy objects. so it depends on the type of job you have as well. if you sit at a computer all day then it would be possible. if you just walk around a lot, i'd say it's possible. if you are a construction worker then definitely not. but if you can get the time off then try to take it easy and off work for a while. your body needs time to recuperate. best of luck!

Offline Time_to_fix_it

• Gold Member
We all heal differently and at different rates but I would suggest you talk to your surgeon.  He will know what has happened with his previous patients who have had the same procedure as you are going to have.

Good luck on the day.
Surgery performed by Mr Levick at The Priory Hospital Bimingham (UK) 20th October 2006

Offline imready

• Posting Member
Did you make sure your problem is going to be "cured" by lipo alone? I have talked to too many people who were unsatisfied with just lipo.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024