Author Topic: Decrease my nipple (areola) size?  (Read 5556 times)

Offline sdsurfer

• Bronze Member
I have gyne and would like to have surgery to have it removed.  One thing I was curious about is that I also have rather large nipples.  To be more specific just large areolas (much wider than I would like).  Can this be decreased by surgery?

Offline Spleen

In my case having the puffy nips surgically corrected did reduce the size of the areola, but not by all that muck.  It ain't gonna turn silver dollars in to pennies.

Offline jc71

• Wilma, grab the lotion, we're going to the beach!
I think there's a procedure they developed where they basically remove the areola, keep it in saline solution and trim it down and then sow it back on.

I've also heard about women who had to have their areola removed (usually for some type of medical reason) and the Dr. actually using a tattoo artist to tattoo one back on.

I'm not making this stuff up, it's what I've heard. Whether it's true or not, ask a competent medical professional.

Offline Mr_Nip

• Had expensive surgery... Now I'm flat busted!
I have gyne and would like to have surgery to have it removed.  One thing I was curious about is that I also have rather large nipples.  To be more specific just large areolas (much wider than I would like).  Can this be decreased by surgery?

Look at this and it will probably answer your question:
http://www.gynecomastia.org/cgi-bin/gyne_yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=11;action=display;num=1161686085

MR. NIP

I come from nowhere
And you should go there.
Just try it for a while.
The people from nowhere always smile.  -  Frank Zappa

DrBermant

Areola reduction can happen as part of my gynecomastia sculpture.  How much the diameter changes with gland and fat reduction depends on many factors.  Gland sometimes can make a cast under the areola that keeps the diameter big.  With my Dynamic Technique, I target gland first, releasing the subareola muscle from the gland.  This permits the areola to shrink.  When fat is removed, stretched nipples / areola deflate.  

Skin reduction surgery to reduce the size of the areola has many issues.  Sometimes the scars are worth it, at times they are not.  Major complications of skin reduction attempts can include rediculously large areola as seen in this patient who traveled from Australia for my revision.

Check out the many before after pictures of this Areola / Nipple Gallery here, here, and here.  These results are typical for my sculpture of my patients.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Gynecomastia and Chest Sculpture

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024