Author Topic: Surgery in 10 days with Dr. Bermant  (Read 7460 times)

Offline raymon

• Posting Member
Well, on July 6th I'm finally going to have the one thing changed that has plagued me since my early teens.  I'm both excited for the results and nervous about any pain that may occur but overall I've heard that with his sedation technique it's pretty painless.

Don't have much to post atm since I don't have any pics on the comp I'm on right now but hopefully I'll update this thread before and after the surgery with pics.

One question tho, does anybody have an tips on how to mentally prepare myself for the "big day"?

Offline ddaavviidd

• Bronze Member
WHAT MADE U CHOOSE DR BERMANT ?

Offline raymon

• Posting Member
All the information I gathered from his site, everything good about him I've heard on these forums, and his attitude during the consultation.

Offline jones357

• Silver Member
Not much to do to prepare.  Even if you are in pain.  The sedation makes you lose your memory, so you won't remember it.  I had pain when I woke up, but I can barely remember it.  Once I took the pain pills, I was fine.  I also had may abdomen and flanks done, so I had a lot to deal with.  I treated the day like any other day.  Just make sure your ride is set up and your calendar is cleared for  the next 2-3 days.  Since you have to heal, it is a bit anti-climactic.  The real results come over time, so just get your mind ready for that.

Good luck!!  

Offline raymon

• Posting Member
Ya I'm just nervous about the initial pain but besides that I'm prepared to be sore for the time after surgery and I haven't worried about not seeing results right away because most of my gyno is gland so it should be pretty obvious of a change.. I mean I'll still have a larger chest but it won't be all "puffy nipples".

Offline Yoshi

• Bronze Member
Post your experience. I'm having surgery with Dr. Bermant late August

Offline raymon

• Posting Member
Last post before surgery as I'm leaving later this morning for Chester.

I'll update on my status when I get back.  Wish me luck!

Offline ddaavviidd

• Bronze Member

Offline lopher

• Bronze Member
I've had 2 surgeries now and i've enjoyed both of them  ;D It's like a huge relief to be doing something positive about your gyne for a change, and the pain meds... ooh the pain meds, lovely glowing warm feeling as you squeeze away on your morphine drip which you really don't need :D

Superb days out. I'm a big girl when it comes to pain. Believe me when I have toothache or ear ache EVERYONE knows about it! Gyne post op pain is nothing, just feels like the day after a good chest workout. Lots of people on here seem to exxagerate it. You'll be fine,

lopher

Offline raymon

• Posting Member
Well, I'm one day post op now and I everything went great.  No pain when I woke up, soreness is minimal, and so far from what I could see when I changed the gauze, everything looks good.

Only complaint I have is that the compression vest is so tight around my stomach it constantly hurts so I had to remove a couple of the notches from the bottom so the pain wasn't too bad.

I can't wait to see the rest of it and how it progresses over these next couple months.

I'll get post-op pics up when I get the bandages off.

Offline raymon

• Posting Member
On day 3 atm and I'm feeling even better than yesterday.  Get to take my dressing off on friday so I can't wait to see the results.

Offline jk_2k8

• Posting Member
  • Blah!!!
Good for you raymon!  :D
Gyne since: 13
When's surgery: My 18th B-Day

Offline raymon

• Posting Member
Well just took my dressing off and saw my chest for the first time completely and wow am I pleased.  I thought there would be an improvement but this is about as good as it can get imo.  I can't wait until I can get back to exercising because for the first time in 5 years, I'm more ashamed of my stomach than my chest.

Offline jc71

• Wilma, grab the lotion, we're going to the beach!
Yes, good for you Ramon

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
Yes, good for you Ramon

Ditto....

John.
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024