Author Topic: Dr. Elliot Jacobs, Manhattan NY  (Read 5456 times)

Offline HoldFast

• Posting Member
  • comfortably nesstled behind the power curve...
Had surgery just over 3 weeks ago with Dr. Jacobs who runs his office on Park. I had heard a lot of good things about him, and seen him on a number of news and other tv shows. Thus far im fairly happy. Anyone else out there use him for Gyne surgery? Thoughts?

Jay

Offline johnpaullino

• Posting Member
When i was living in new jersey i was thinkin getting surgery from dr elliot jacobs. His website is very nice, and the before and after pics are awsome.

Offline headheldhigh01

• destined to stand on a beach shirtless
$$$$$ from what i hear.  he may be good, but if i were in nyc, i'd seriously consider giving myself an air trip somewhere and saving a little bread.  
* a man is more than a body will ever tell
* if it screws up your life the same, is there really any such thing as "mild" gyne?

Offline HoldFast

• Posting Member
  • comfortably nesstled behind the power curve...
heh yeah he was very expensive ( I paid just over 6 1/2 k) but from what i heard he was the best there is.....featured on the BBC, ABC, and others. I actually flew from Tampa Fl to NY to have it done with him, so that added another grand, but Thank Goodness i could afford it, and as such i was willing to pay for the best.

Jay

Offline Nokiojazz

• Posting Member
Hi im having surgery for puffy nipples in September im flying all the way from the UK to have it done by Dr Jacobs please if anyone whos  had Surgery by Dr jacobs let me no how it went as i want to make the right choice and im worrying if im seeing the right surgeon???anything you guys know about Dr jacobs would be great Thanks

Offline gyne-finally-gone

• Posting Member
I just had surgery on December 21 by Dr. Elliot Jacobs.  Let me tell you something, yes he is a little costly ($6500 for me) but when it comes to your body and something you have been living with like this you need to spring for a few extra bucks for the best, this is a once in a lifetime procedure...you DO NOT want to bargain shop for this!!..if anyone has any questions about dr. elliot jacobs feel free to email me at puma77@gmail.com.  My suregery went great!, the results look great alreadt and i still have alot of swelling so im extremely happy with the results!

Offline badboobsbad

Dr. Jacobs did mine as well.  Mine was not that costly ($3500) but I had the procedure done several years ago before he was known.  The surgery went well.  There were small problems after that I wish had been addressed but, for the amount I spent at the time I have been happy.

Offline spaceface

• Posting Member
hey badboobsbad,

I'm having sugery w/ Jacobs next month and would like to know what problems you had that weren't addressed

thanks

Offline bobs3304

• Posting Member
Dr. Jacobs just did my gyno yesterday.

Nice guy, a little costly, but if something means alot to you, you don't try and cut costs by going to a lesser known doctor.  6500 flat for me.  I've paid 1500 so far, and took out a 5000 $ loan from Capital One (affiliated with Dr. Jacobs).

So far, I' really soar (only lipo), and the binder is so tight it feels like my ribs are swollen when I walk.  But I'm optimistic about this whole thing, b/c I've been living with gyne for the past 8 or 9 years.

Anyway, if any of you have some advice or tips for me as I continue on my road to recovery, shoot.  Anything's appreciated.  

Good luck!

Offline badboobsbad

Hey Spaceface,

Sorry to take so long to write.  Hope your surgery went well.

The issues I had were with the follow up visits.  I beleive the surgery went well enough but the gyno seemed to return slightly after about 18 months.  My chest looks good but I still feel a "super-ball" sized amount of gland behind the areolas on both sides of my chest.  When I addressed this with him during the visits he seemed rushed and advised that in time the "swelling" would subside.  Unfortunately this never happened.

Don't let me dissuade you from getting the surgery.  Dr. Jacobs is a great guy and is sympathetic to your situation since he has gynecomastia himself.  My advice would be to stick to your guns during the follow-up visits to make sure your concerns are addressed.

Good Luck!!

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024