Author Topic: Need Some Help!!!  (Read 1580 times)

Offline bde2

Yesterday I went to the doctor for a lump just above my left nipple. It seems to be maybe 3cm in length starting about the middle of the nipple and extend around the nipple to the inside of the chest on the upper portion of the nipple. It seems a little movable and hard. This does not seem to hurt, but maybe a itchy sensation on the nipple and sometimes both. I noticed in some of the posts that most folks have had this since there teens. I am 30 and never have had puffy nipples. I have an ultrasound scheduled next wednesday just to be safe, but I was wondering if what I am describing is what most of the folks on this board experience? I have not been diagnosed with gynecomastia but by the posts on here it seems to be.

A little insight will help, and maybe calm my concerns.

Thanks
BDE2

Offline headheldhigh01

• destined to stand on a beach shirtless
sounds like a probable to me.  you'll want to discuss any possible causes of hormone irregularities with them as that's what would cause it.  exasperating but not fatal.  
* a man is more than a body will ever tell
* if it screws up your life the same, is there really any such thing as "mild" gyne?

Offline bde2

I appreciate the response. I was on one of the websites in which one of the folks on the board had recommended. It was a physicians website that had stated some of the drugs that can cause gynecomastia. I just quit smoking and to quit, I used Wellbutrin or also called Zyban. I never noticed this condition until I was on this perscription medication. To make it worse, I also take two other medications known to cause gynecomastia on this website. Prolosec and another. The other I have been taking for 6 years without any issue the Prilosec I have been taking for about 10 months. Has anyone with Gynecomastia ever noticed any additional complications with either Zyban (Wellbutrin) or Prilosec? I have been searching through the board and all I can say is what a helpful group. I am glad to be here.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024