Author Topic: People just do not understand.....  (Read 2938 times)

Offline roflcopter

• Posting Member
No one who doesn't have gyne does....

Your friends don't realize what the comments as a "joke" really make you feel.

The people who think you are weird for not wanting to take your shirt off

People who think you're weird for wearing a sweatshirt or jacket on a sunny day.

People don't know how it feels to be known as "the guy with boobs".

How it feels to be driving and the seatbelt goes in between them which makes them even more visible.

Either does the cop who gives you a ticket for wearing it behind your back.

Your friends who think you are weird for not wanting to go to the beach or river.

Everyone who notices or says something about you slouching all of the time.

People who grab your nipples or say rude comments like asking what your bra size is.

People who buy you a shirt or whatever and wonder why you don't like it.

Girls who think you are weird because you have low confidence or are quiet.

Your family who thinks "it's no big deal".
----------------------------------------------------

These things go through our mind every single day. No one understands how hard it is being a guy with breasts and how bad it sucks and how it affects your every day life in more ways than one. I really wish they had to live with "man boobs" for just one day to see how difficult it really is.
----------------------------------------------------

On a positive note- I am getting my surgery in about a month. I have been lifting weights 6 days a week for the past year or so and been doing a lot of exercise as well and am in really good shape now, used to be fat. This is the final touch for me, and I feel my life is really going to change. I feel I am a very good looking guy, and will have incredibly high self esteem after this. I am SO excited.

I feel so bad for people with Gyne as I know how it feels, and there are not words to describe it's pain. I just wish people who didn't have it understood just a little....

Offline Bradley07

• Silver Member
well, what's even worse is that most guys who have it don't even know that it's a medical condition. they just assume it's fat. and then they watch tv and see gorgeous male models parading on a cat walk and wonder why they can't look like that. there are celebrity spokesmodels for all kinds of causes--prostate cancer, breast cancer, etc. but you don't see any male celebrities shining light on the plight of men who struggle with gynecomastia.

Offline 808gyno

• Posting Member
  • Upon further review, I'm not as cool as I thought.
You know what another bummer is?  I have really low bodyfat and a super athletic build.  If it weren't for these damned boobs I could be some kind of model.  Because of my athletic build anyone who sees my moobs assumes I got them from steroid use.  So not only do I have to deal with the moobage, I have to deal with the "steroids" whispers too.  I'm sure there are worse things in life, but I just felt like sharing.

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
roflcopter,

At one time or another, almost all of us here could have written what you did (Though few of us could have done it so well).

Hopefully there is some comfort in knowing that you are not alone; and even more in the information you find here.
Grandpa Dan

Offline Bradley07

• Silver Member
all my life i wanted to be an actor so badly but i grew up in a very conservative area and i'm gay AND i had gyne (albeit a "mild" case). i was so scared that my family would find out via a tabloid that i was gay and i was afraid i'd go to my first audition and they would say "ok, take off your shirt".   those 2 fears have destroyed my dream. i'm in my late 20's now. doesn't sound old, but i don't know if it's still even possible at this point--as i didn't bother with any of the acting classes or anything.  

i don't really care if someone knows i'm gay or not--cause now it's like every other man i see is gay...but the gyne really ruined it for me.  

oh, well. that's life i guess.  i feel so much for young folks who are suffering with it. i see them everywhere, too. wearing 5 shirts and sweaters when it's 80 degrees here.  

it's terrible.

Offline readytoswim

• Posting Member
Don't let your dream die, dude.  You are never too old to follow your dreams.  And twenty something is definitely not old.  It isn't uncommon for people to figure out what they want to do with their life well into their 20's and 30's.  According to my bro who is an actor in LA, it doesn't matter how old you are, it matters how long you have been aspiring in that town.  At your auditions, and when you interview with  agents, you always tell them you have only been doing it for a few months.  Anything later than six months, they think something is wrong with you.  Also, they film a lot of movies in my town, and you sometimess here of people with no experience getting "discovered" just for being in the right place at the right time.

And as far as being gay, if your gay, your gay.  Who cares.  It's not unusual, especially for an actor.  My bro has told me of some well known actors he knows that are gay, and you would never even know it.  They tend to keep their personal lives private.

Hope that helps.

Good luck
« Last Edit: October 31, 2006, 07:37:25 AM by readytoswim »
I will never forget this place when I become a rich and famous underwear model!

Offline Bradley07

• Silver Member
it does help a lot, thanks for your post.  :)

Offline readytoswim

• Posting Member
Bradley07,

Maybe when you make it as an actor, you can start an organization helping rid teens of their gyne.  Similar to Jessica Simpson with her foundation helping kids with cleft palettes(sp?).

I'm only kidding.

But seriously, you are gyne free now.  This is your rebirth, don't let anything get in your way.

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
I'm an old man, 69 years old.

Looking back, Gynecomastia never stopped me from doing anything. It was my attitude about the Gynecomastia that prevented me from doing a lot of things.

There are several actors, for example, who have rather obvious Gynecomastia.

I now believe that what is going on between a mans ears is much more important than a bit of surplus tissue on his chest.

Offline 808gyno

• Posting Member
Things are always so much clearer in retrospect  :(  It's when I reflect on the past I see that what was once so important doesn't matter much in the grand scheme of things.  While I wholeheartedly agree with your thoughts, Paa Paw, what's true at 69 doesn't seem so true at 32  :(

Offline 808gyno

• Posting Member
Of course, when I'm 69 I'll be saying what you said to all of the 32 year olds  ;D

Offline Seal

• Bronze Member
  • Surgery in August 05
I'm an old man, 69 years old.

Looking back, Gynecomastia never stopped me from doing anything. It was my attitude about the Gynecomastia that prevented me from doing a lot of things.

There are several actors, for example, who have rather obvious Gynecomastia.

I now believe that what is going on between a mans ears is much more important than a bit of surplus tissue on his chest.

70 is the official old man age.

Offline Hypo-is-here

It might sound tough, but if you guys think this is as tough as it gets then all I can say is I hope the proverbial never hits the fan for you.

I know this condition is a pain and I know it causes a lot of anguish-Yea-  but sometimes a bit of perspective can help- if you're able to apply it.

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
Indeed so, and Hypo would know.

Among us, are men who have Gynecomastia as a result of severe life-threatening and/or life-changing illness.

Those of us who simply have pubertal, familial, or  idiopathic Gynecomastia should be thankful that it is our worst concern.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024