Author Topic: BAD SURGERIES?  (Read 3081 times)

Offline buble

• Bronze Member
I have a surgery appointment with a doctor in Vancouver and I don't know anything about his work, but I was referred to him by my GP.  

Do the results vary from one surgeon to another and is it possible to end up with a bad result?  My GP tells me that he's confident that this guy will do as good of a job as anyone else, and the good thing is that it will be fully covered by my medical plan, but I still have my reservations.  Any feedback is greatly appreciated.  
Surgery Date: Jan 9, 2007
Dr. H. Ukani, Vancouver, BC
Pre/post pics: http://www.flickr.com/photos/gynecomastia/

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
The surgeon will be sculpting.

Not all sculptors are equally talented.

There was but one Michaelangelo.
Grandpa Dan

Offline jc71

• Wilma, grab the lotion, we're going to the beach!
Buble - I understand you got this referral from your GP, who's probably a good guy and honestly has your best interest at heart.

Still, come on man, you've got to take a more pro-active approach to research PS's.

Skill can vary. There's no guarantee, you can go to the "best" and still not be satisfied with your results.

Bottom line: Do your homework, don't simply go with whoever your GP recommends.

Offline buble

• Bronze Member
But I've done so much research and have already consulted with 3 surgeons, one that my GP referred me to (who will do the operation completely free of charge under my medical plan), one that will do half/half, and one that is completely private (and the latter two are big names that I've read a lot about).  

I'm so confused, and money is always a factor, but I still wanna end up with something I like, so I'm willing to pay out of my pocket.  MAAAAAAAAAAN, this is difficult.  :-/

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
Yes, it is difficult.

As jc71 apointed out: you must do your own research.

The person most concerned about the successful outcome of your surgery and most to blame if it does not go well; is you.

Good Luck!

Offline Spleen

There are no guarantees of success.  Surgery has it's risks,  but it has clear benefits too.  You have to keep your expectations realistic and choose the doc you think has the best gameplan and greatest experience with this kind of surgery.

Offline headheldhigh01

• destined to stand on a beach shirtless
see if you can get any before/after pics.  not a perfect guide but better than nothing.  
* a man is more than a body will ever tell
* if it screws up your life the same, is there really any such thing as "mild" gyne?

Offline Hypo-is-here

Make sure that you are getting glandular excision and lipo suction- the latter if needed.  

Do not accept lipo suction only.

No matter who the surgeon is.

Lipo suction alone has a low success rate, at least if the experiences of the many people who have posted on this board for two years are anything to go by.

Research the plastic surgeon as much as you can.

Have a detailed list of questions prepared prior to consultation.

Take the list in with you and note their answers, it is something that will allow you to evaluate your thoughts of the consultation afterwards.

Do NOT select any surgeon that instinctively doesn't seem right or that does not openly answer your questions and address your concerns.

Good Luck.

« Last Edit: November 07, 2006, 02:40:48 PM by Hypo-is-here »

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024