Author Topic: Some Questions..  (Read 1631 times)

Offline thatguy

• Bronze Member
I am new to this board and have many questions.  If you could answer some i would appreciate it, thanks in advance...

1) Im sure it varies, but apporximatly how long will it take to set a date for surgery after the initial docters/ps appointments?

2) Obviously all surgery has risk, but are there a lot of thing that coud go wrong during surgery or is it a pretty standard procedure?

3) Does insurance cover any of the surgery? what if you are diagnosed with a sydrome or low testoterone?

4) Outside of the gland, there are like, strands or tissue,(thats the best way i can describe it) but is this normal and is it my muscle or maybe more gyne forming?

Offline headheldhigh01

• destined to stand on a beach shirtless
1.  vary is the key word, you might get a week or two, you might get a month or two.  
2.  it's not as invasive as anything inside a chest, so your biggest concern is anesthesia, and the odds against a problem are pretty slim.  if you were really concerned, you could mention it to the ps and he might pay a little extra attention to the guy working on it, but it's a common event.  
3.  only in very rare cases; you can try to get other diagnoses involved, but your mileage will vary.  
4.  i would bet on it being part of the gyne, and as long as the ps is aware of it i bet he'd try to include it in the removal, though he probably would find it anyway.  
* a man is more than a body will ever tell
* if it screws up your life the same, is there really any such thing as "mild" gyne?

Offline jc71

• Wilma, grab the lotion, we're going to the beach!
1. I've seen as quickly as 2 weeks and as long as 6 months.  As head said, it really can vary. My surgery was a full year after my initial consultation but he could have done it as quickly as 3 weeks. They'll need to do a few tests prior to the surgery.

2. Other than puncture a vital organ with the cannula, no. It's a pretty simple procedure as far as surgeries go.  

3. Maybe if you're experiencing pain. Usually no ins, especially in the US.

4. I don't know.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2006, 04:53:15 PM by jc71 »

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024