Author Topic: mamogram?  (Read 1582 times)

Offline angel_allen

• Silver Member
I read guys can develop breast cancer as well as women so should guys with gyne ask their docs for a mamogram too? ???

Offline Alexander

• Posting Member
I have a lump of tissue/gland behind my left nipple, AND I have puffiness in both breasts. I went to my GP, and he wanted me to go to a radiologist to make sure the tissue  was benign as a precaution. I went and got the mammogram and it was found to be benign (just an increase in tissue growth). If you want to be sure, it's probably not a bad idea, certainly can't hurt. A small % of men do get breast cancer.

Now I can either get it removed, or live with it. I'm going to an endo next to make sure I don't have an underlying hormonal imbalance, then I'm probably going to get excision in both breasts.

Offline Hypo-is-here

I read guys can develop breast cancer as well as women so should guys with gyne ask their docs for a mamogram too? ???

Breast cancer accounts for less than 1% of gynecomastia causes.  It should only be necessary to check this out if there are medical indications for such.......see an endocrinologist if worried.

Offline jc71

• Wilma, grab the lotion, we're going to the beach!
I don't know how strong the connection is between breast cancer and gyne, but I do know that breast cancer is more common in guys than most people think.

As hypo said, see a doc.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024