Author Topic: My surgery with Dr. Silverman  (Read 3313 times)

Offline JTiger2000

I just had surgery on 01/20/06 with Dr. Silverman.  The process went quite smoothly in the OR.  A day later and I feel pretty good.  I have some tenderness in the chest and in the upper ribcage area.  I think I am going to like the results.  
I will post both pre/post op pics as soon as Dr. Silverman gets them to me.

Offline JTiger2000

Well, since my surgery I have a few complaints/issues.  Around July I started to notice that my nipples were becoming puffy again. And since then I started noticing the lumpy feeling around both nipples.  

This sucks....After the surgey for a couple of months I was very happy that I could wear a tee-shirt and not see a thing. Now when I wear a tee-shirt I can see my nipples protruding. Not as much as pre-surgery, but protruding none-the-less.

I guess my only option is to go back to Dr. Silverman and explain my issues.  During the first surgery he explained that I could come back for follow-ups with no surgeon fees, but I would have to pay the hospital fees.

What should I do, risk another surgery with more time out of work, or just suck it up and live with this minor success for the rest of my life? Comments would be appreciated.

Offline Bradley07

• Silver Member
that's a tough decision you are going to have to make on your own, of course. i'm kinda worried about the same thing right now. tomorrow will be the 3 week mark for me. i'm basically totally flat except my left nipple looks a *tiny* bit puffy. it's not a lot but definitely more than my right nipple, which is totally flat. but i'm not sure it's big enough to make me want to pay thousands of dollars again for hospital, anasthesia, etc. and risk infection, etc. all over again.  i wasn't expecting perfection. i don't know if it's enough of a problem to do a revision but it's enough for me to be upset about it. but i'm only 3 weeks, maybe part of it is swelling. i hope.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024