Author Topic: Endocrinologists  (Read 2309 times)

Offline saucy

• Posting Member
Everyone says how you should consult with an endocrinologist before you consider surgery. Why is this? If they tell you so and so is high, do they give you meds to bring it down - therefore making your gyne go away? I just dont understand why people say surgery is the only option, but then people say to go see an endo first. Does something magical happen in some cases and you don't have to end up getting surgery?

Offline Mr_Nip

• Had expensive surgery... Now I'm flat busted!
Hypo-is-here could tell you in much better detail, but here is my understanding on this:

If you've had gyne for a few years without it's going away, then surgery is almost always going to be the only way of removing it.... But...

If your hormones are the cause of the gyne, then the condition could reappear after the surgery if not corrected.  Also, gyne could be an indicator of hormone imbalances which could in some cases have other more serious health risks.  An endocrynologist can help you determine these things and start correcting any problems before going blindly into surgery.  

MR. NIP

I come from nowhere
And you should go there.
Just try it for a while.
The people from nowhere always smile.  -  Frank Zappa

Offline Needhelp

• Posting Member
Mr. Nip gave you very good advice.

Learn as much as you can about gynecomastia from the internet. It can be helpful if you need to ask questions or it may give you a better understanding of what he explains to you.

If there is anything you are uncertain with investigate it.

Offline GodWasAngry

• Silver Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1! And it loves me!
just watch out of retards who became endos =P
a year ago i went to one and he said that my case is just a little extra fat and it'll go away with time and push ups.
it hasnt and won't go away by its own.
and until i get surgery or someone comes up with this medical drug that breaks the gland, i'm stuck hereeeee

Offline Hypo-is-here

There are good and bad apples in every vocation and in every walk of life.

There are good and bad police officers, good and bad surgeons, good and bad teachers, good and bad architects etc

You still have crime investigated by police officers, you still get operated on by a surgeon, your children are still taught by teachers, and your house is still designed by an architect.

You wouldn’t have it any other way unless you were stark raving mad.

It is about getting the best you can and if you are not happy with them getting rid of them and seeing someone else that you are happy with.

All men with gynecomastia should see an endocrinologist to try and ascertain the cause, by doing this many men can rule out serious causes of the condition and get surgery with the knowledge that it is less likely to come back post surgery.  For a significant minority of men it will result in a crucial diagnosis of an underlying condition, it will allow for proper treatment and it will allow for surgery to go ahead with proper treatment in place that lessens the chance of the condition returning.

If you see an endocrinologist that you do not trust the answer is to get rid of them and find one that you do trust.

It is a pity that crap endocrinologists exist , likewise it is a pity that crap police officers, crap surgeons, crap, teachers, crap architects etc exist.

To not see an endocrinologist is to stick your head in the sand and hope for the best, sometimes that can mean the return of gynecomastia post surgery and the continued lack of diagnosis and treatment of conditions that can lead to serious long term health problems.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2006, 06:04:44 AM by Hypo-is-here »

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024