Author Topic: Home Hormone tests?  (Read 3349 times)

Offline rcbrown23

There are a bunch of "at home" hormone saliva tests out there. I'm just wondering if anyone knows anything about them. How accurate are they supposed to be, or is that a waste of money?

Just wondering to monitor testosterone and estrogen levels inbetween expensive testing...nothing too serious.

Offline hypo

The ones I have seen and used have been very questionable and have produced bizarre results.

I would rather stick to bloods.

That said Gine2D has had some good experience with saliva testing from a particular company that he may be able to give you details of.

Offline jc71

• Wilma, grab the lotion, we're going to the beach!
at home hormone test? I never thought of that.  I guess there's a product for everything.  :)

Offline rcbrown23

I was just reading an article about it that said:

" The World Health Organization approved this method in the 1990’s due to its ease, efficiency, reliability and practicality."

So it sounds good...but like hypo said, I'm skeptical on how acurate the results are.

Offline hypo

It isn't that they cannot work, not that they are not good when used by a top laboratory.  

It is a question of methodology, as in many of the commercial assays are of a poor standard and just not reliable.

If you are interested in these tests I would speak to Gine2D who seems to have had some success with companies that seem reliable.

I certainly would not rely upon them for a diagnosis.

I just do not believe that they have the accuracy that is attributable to blood tests.  And it would seem that every hospital in the world agrees, as I don't see any of them using saliva testing over bloods.  Unless I am wrong and there is one or two out there?

I do think that they may have there place, as in medication maintenance-  if you can get one from a company with a good record-

Again I'd say speak to Gine2D.  

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
The tests are not universally available. California has prohibitions against their operation here.  Possibly other locations do too.
Grandpa Dan

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024