Author Topic: Surgery with Bermant on Friday!  (Read 9628 times)

Offline Daveo

• Silver Member
  • Surgery with Dr. Bermant January 28, 2005
I'm leaving tomorrow(Thursday) for Virginia to have surgery for unilateral gynecomastia on Friday with Dr. Bermant!  I'll post pictures and updates upon my return on Sunday.

Wish me luck!

Offline njknight

• Silver Member
  • I have gyno?  Doo!!!!!!
Good luck i going to try Dr. Jacobs in NYC next month as soon as I get the money saved up.

Offline California Man

• Posting Member
Congrats... will be looking forward to your sunday post!

Offline Daveo

• Silver Member
Well it's over!  It turned out to be a bilateral excision with lipo contouring, with MUCH more gland taken from the left side than the right.  Everything went very smoothly and everyone was extremely nice.  From what I can see so far, the results are more than I ever could have asked for, but my bandages are still on and I'm wearing my compression vest 24/7 until Friday, so the final verdict isn't in yet.  I'm a little sore, but nothing a few extra strength tylenol can't handle.  After I get my bandages and stitches out on Friday I'll post my entire story and pictures.  Until then, time for me to start healing!

Offline Argo

• Posting Member
  • Finally Flat-chested!!
I can appreciate your closing statement "time for me to start healing" on several levels, Daveo.  I had my surgery yesterday too.  The physical discomfort (I wouldn't even go so far as to call it "pain") will be worth it when I whip my shirt off at the beach this summer.  For those of you who might wonder, Daveo's comment about Tylenol is right on the money.  I had my pain pill prescriptions filled but I haven't taken any of them either, Tylenol makes the discomfort bearable without drugging myself out.

Are you still in Richmond, Daveo?  If so leave me a message with your phone number and I'll call you and we can compare our surgery experiences.

Argo
« Last Edit: January 30, 2005, 02:45:42 AM by Argo »

Offline Daveo

• Silver Member
Ahh no, I'm back at home now.  Yeah, for the most part the tylenol was enough, but I actually used two of the pain pills that were prescribed just to make sure I could sleep comfortably on my back the first night.  I shouldn't need any more of those, though.  The only complaint I have so far is that the area (especially my left side, where the gland was huge) is itchy.  But that is a small price to pay to be rid of gynecomastia.

Offline vaio

• Gyne free, is the way to be!
Daveo,
Im looking foward to hearing all the details.
$2,800 = Freedom!

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/vaiomanfree/album?.dir=7e36&.src=ph&am p;store=&prodid=&.done=http%3a//pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/vaiomanfree/my_photos

Offline Daveo

• Silver Member

Pre-op Front, left side, and right side

At first I was assuming I'd just get the left side operated on, since there was a huge gland there, and very little fat.  After talking with Dr. Bermant, I learned that there was also a small gland on the right side, and I've always been slightly unhappy with how not flat the right side was, so we decided to operate on both sides, gland excision and lipo contouring.

Everything is looking great so far!  I'll post post-op pics next week.

Offline Daveo

• Silver Member
Here are the famous standard Dr. Bermant photos taken the day of the operation and exactly one week post op.  I'll let them speak for themselves for now, and I'll post more once I can get the damn ink to wash off!

Offline Argo

• Posting Member
  • Finally Flat-chested!!
Daveo -

Damn!  You had some serious gland going on!  But now it's all a bad dream.  I'm eight days post-op myself and went out "compression-less" today for the first time . . . and I wore a tight long sleeved tee-shirt.  This is the first time I can ever remember doing this.  I tried on clothes and when I took off my jacket in the store I didn't even care.  I liked it so much, I went to four stores and tried on clothes . . . and bought a considerable amount of tight pullover jobbies.  I'm free!

And so are you.  Now go out there and buy some new clothes.  My heartiest congratulations.

Argo

Offline vaio

• Gyne free, is the way to be!
Holy JESUS thats a HUGE piece of gland!!

Offline Daveo

• Silver Member
Hahahaha, yeah it is.

Offline Spleen

Whoa!  That's like a pat of butter on one side and a pound cake on the other!  Biggest  gland I ever saw yanked was from that bodybuilder guy they profiled on VH1.  The gland was the size of a housecat.

Offline milk_caps

• Posting Member
LOOKS GREAT!!!! BUT WHAT WOULD WE EXPECT, BERMANT DOES GOOD WORK!!!!!!

WHAT WAS THE TOTAL $$$ FOR ALL OF IT??

Offline gynegoawayplz

• Posting Member
  • gyne sucks
excellent, it must feel really good to see all of that out of your body.  I too am going to have surgery with Bermant, and I hope to have positive results.  Looks like you should be happy with those results.

Price?
« Last Edit: February 08, 2005, 02:19:04 PM by gynegoawayplz »
I wish I could step out of the black and into the white.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024