Author Topic: Had surgery yesterday w/ Dr. Bermant  (Read 8649 times)

Offline m.bojangles

• Posting Member
  • Gyne free in 2003
Well I'll start by saying that ive been lurking around here for quite some time.  It is from this site that i found Dr. Bermant.
Like many of you I thought that the posts regarding Dr. Bermant were too good to be true and that there was no way that it could be as easy as others have said.  Well let me tell you that every good thing that you have read about Dr. Bermant is true.  Dr. Bermant is very serious about his job and I appreciated that.  I had the surgery yesterday, bilateral excision and lipo.  NO SWELLING OR BRUISING, PERIOD.  I have only had minor discomfort to this point.  Not enough at this point to even warrant a tylenol.  Hell I left the office immediately after the surgery and got something to eat.  It was truly amazing.  The only bad thing so far is sleeping on my back.
If any of you are thinking about going to see him to have this surgery, dont even worry for one second how it is going to turn out.
As soon as i take the bandages off of my nipples next week i will post some before and after photos.
If any of you have questions about my experience just ask Ill be glad to answer.

m.bojangles

Offline BMH

• Posting Member
  • They're gone as of 7/15/03!!!!!!!! !!
Another word of encouragement for those of you who don't live in the Virginia vicinity...  there IS a good doctor near you.  I promise!  Call a bunch of plastic surgeons in your area, ask them questions.

At first I was set on getting the surgery done by Dr. Bermant but the travel would have been incredibly annoying.  I just had the surgery done yesterday by a plastic surgeon 20 minutes away from me and have had similar results:  no bruising, no pain (just discomfort), looks great, and I should be able to get back to normal [light-moderate] activity after tomorrow!

Good luck everyone!

-Chase

Offline m.bojangles

• Posting Member
  • Gyne free in 2003
Just thought id give you guys an update.  Woke up this morning and felt even better than yesterday.  I would say that im just a little sore in the affected area.  I forgot to state that i had 80cc of fat taken from one side and 100cc of fat taken from the other.  The gland taken from each side was slightly larger in diameter than a $1 US coin, with one side being larger than the other.

No drains were used in my surgery afterward.

m.bojangles

Offline sux2bme

• Silver Member
  • Nips have been nipped
Way to go m.bojangles, congrats!  I bet you are looking good and will be happy with the results.  I don't really understand the attitude that the travel is annoying as it is easily worth the piece of mind that everything will go well and the results will be amazing.  
Post them pics when you got 'em.
sux  
Bilateral excision with liposuction by Dr Bermant 06/12/03

Offline njknight

• Silver Member
  • I have gyno?  Doo!!!!!!
congrats man, welcome to your new life.  I hope to join the club within the next year or so.  I am currently unemployed but looking.  Soon as I get a job I will definitely be working towards that goal.

Offline m.bojangles

• Posting Member
  • Gyne free in 2003
I dont understand the issues with distance either.  I drove over 500 miles and would have gone farther than that for peace of mind.
Good luck njknight with finding work and getting this done.  It was worth every penny spent and every mile driven.

m.bojangles

Dougie

I'm all the way on the opposite end in Canada, and I'm already in the process of getting my remote package together for Bermant,  I don't care about distance, I just want good results!

Offline sux2bme

• Silver Member
  • Nips have been nipped
Well Dougie if it makes you feel any better, the hassle of traveling to Virginia will be forgotten probably 2-3 days after you get home.  However the results you are likely to get you will remember (and enjoy) forever.  
Good luck and let us know how it goes.
sux

Offline a-man

• Silver Member
  • Gyne free!
I'm all the way on the opposite end in Canada, and I'm already in the process of getting my remote package together for Bermant,  I don't care about distance, I just want good results!

why would you go all the way there? i think we have two of the best gyno surgeons in the world right here in Ontario - Dr. Lista and Dr. Fielding handle just as many, if not more, gyne cases than dr. Bermant, and every single person over in the Canada forum has posted excellent results from these doctors. I myself had surgery with Lista about 4 days ago and my results are excellent. My chest is completely flat, no pain, and I had no bruising or swelling whatsoever. Also, since he uses PAL, I have no incisions under my areola.

Offline abcde

• Posting Member
Can you break down the total cost. I am interesting in Dr.Bermant also, but I don't have much money  :-/

DrBermant

Can you break down the total cost. I am interesting in Dr.Bermant also, but I don't have much money  :-/

Fees for male chest surgery vary depending on the problem(s) to be treated, techniques needed, and from doctor to doctor.  I see so many different types of gynecomastia from around the world, that a "one price fits all" policy is not fair for each patient. We would need to know more about the problem to be treated.  Jane is my office manager and is better able to discuss total costs.  She can normally be reached at our office by phone Monday - Friday 9-5 Eastern Time at (804) 748-7737.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Gynecomastia and Chest Sculpture

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024