Author Topic: Surgery - 2/11/05  Dr. Dr. Sanders  (Read 4034 times)

Offline California Man

• Posting Member
Well, i'm two days post-op and feeling pretty good.  As I mentioned before, I had lipo and excision as well as lipo to my midsection and love handles.

Everything went very well.  I was under for about three hours and woke up in the recovery room with a nurse by my side.  I had to take it easy getting up as I was still a little light headed so I took a wheelchair out to the nurse's car (the nurse drove me home!)

I went back the next day to have the drains removed and got to see my new flat chest (!) It was exciting but I was also nervous about seeing it for the first time.  I'm prepared for the swelling, etc. that is to come.  

I haven't done too much the last couple of days except watch a lot of Seinfeld DVDs and eat soup, but I plan on going back in to work tomorrow (Monday).  I pretty much have a desk job so hopefully I can sit all day comfortably.  

My chest pain is VERY minimal and I just have soreness around my abdomen.  I am so relieved to have the surgery over with and can continue to heal for the next few months!!

Offline Argo

• Posting Member
  • Finally Flat-chested!!
What kind of compression does your PS advocate?

Offline California Man

• Posting Member
i'm using padded ace bandages, but I plan to switch to a vest after my stiches are removed tomorrow.  

Offline slowpain

Congrats again... quick question- I called Dr. Sanders' office last week to schedule an initial consultation with him and was told that the next available appointment he had available would be in June.. does this sound right?  He's that busy?  I put my name/number on a waiting list and am hoping something will open up sooner.

It sucks because I have the money for the operation (excision and lipo) and am in great shape (I have minimal gland to begin with) yet I'm looking at another 5 months before I can get the surgery unless I go elsewhere.

Offline California Man

• Posting Member
Actually, he IS that busy.  I called in November and was told that I couldn't get in until April for a consultation.  So I found out the name of the person who schedules his appts and I sent her flowers.  She called me within a week and had me an appt for the following week!

Now I'm almost 4 days post-op and so glad I'm not waiting two more months for my first consultation!

Offline vaio

• Gyne free, is the way to be!
Whats the pain and discomfort like 4 days post op??

1-10

$2,800 = Freedom!

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/vaiomanfree/album?.dir=7e36&.src=ph&am p;store=&prodid=&.done=http%3a//pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/vaiomanfree/my_photos

Offline California Man

• Posting Member
4 days post-op is when I really started feeling pretty normal.  The lipo around the abdomen is much more noticeable than anything to do with my chest.  My gyne operation doesn't cause any pain at all.

Offline California Man

• Posting Member
I'm 3 weeks post-op today and just got back from a routine checkup with my PS.  Everything looks great and is healing nicely.  No more brusing(!) but still some swelling which I expect to be around for a while...

My PS suggested I wear the compression vest for another week 24/7, then only at night for an additional month.  Looking forward to getting rid of it.

I'll post pics soon!

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024