Author Topic: Almost 4 months post op (Dr. Bermant)  (Read 4777 times)

Offline azman66

• Posting Member
I am at the stage where i feel like the areola region of my nipples puff out when its hot and contract when i either pinch them or get cold all of a sudden.... point is...through a tshirt....my gyne seems no better.  When i feel the nipple it still has scar tissue beneath it and i haven't been using too much vitamin E and i only massage like once every 2 weeks....and when i do get rid of the scar tissue does that mean that the puffiness will be gone along with the scar tissue....meaning that there will no longer be this CONTRACTING / LOOSENING business.....
My nurse said 95% of scar tissue will be gone by the time a year passes by....does that mean my nipple areola region will be nice and tight? or does that just mean there wont be any hard stuff inside the puffy nipple?  Also i am steadily lifting weights 6 days a week now so will that help build my chest to stretch the skin if surgery alone wouldn't do the trick...??

its pretty frustrating to be me at this point..i feel like this whole surgery was a failure....it just made my gyne...a little better if you will...and notihng looks as perfect as it did 1 to 2 weeks after surgery...

Will it ever be like it was at 1 to 2 weeks after surgery?

My surgeon was Dr. Sanders in Encino California.

DrBermant

I am at the stage where i feel like the areola region of my nipples puff out when its hot and contract when i either pinch them or get cold all of a sudden.... point is...through a tshirt....my gyne seems no better.  When i feel the nipple it still has scar tissue beneath it and i haven't been using too much vitamin E and i only massage like once every 2 weeks....and when i do get rid of the scar tissue does that mean that the puffiness will be gone along with the scar tissue....meaning that there will no longer be this CONTRACTING / LOOSENING business.....
My nurse said 95% of scar tissue will be gone by the time a year passes by....does that mean my nipple areola region will be nice and tight? or does that just mean there wont be any hard stuff inside the puffy nipple?  Also i am steadily lifting weights 6 days a week now so will that help build my chest to stretch the skin if surgery alone wouldn't do the trick...??

its pretty frustrating to be me at this point..i feel like this whole surgery was a failure....it just made my gyne...a little better if you will...and notihng looks as perfect as it did 1 to 2 weeks after surgery...

Will it ever be like it was at 1 to 2 weeks after surgery?

My surgeon was Dr. Sanders in Encino California.

There is a thin muscle under the areola skin that can flatten tissue when stimulated. Unfortunately it is impractical to keep stimulating these muscles.

Putting up pictures (using standard views before and after surgery) is one way to discuss what the problem was before surgery and what has happened.  What some call "puffy nipples" can be residual deformity after surgery, swelling from surgery, swelling from injury, swelling from fluid or blood collection, or just the normal firmness of evolving healing tissues.  How tissues evolve and potential options depend on what is really going on.

Tissues need to heal and soften before considering possible secondary gynecomastia chest sculpture.  It also depends on the original problem, what was done, and how you heal.  It can take 6 months or more before surgery revision is appropriate.  A consultation can take place before that time to help explore options.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Gynecomastia and Chest Sculpture

Offline nope1

• Gold Member
I'm in the exact same situation...3.5 months post op...scar tissue makes me look like i have puffy nips

I massage 3 times a day, you should try massaging more.  You gotta wait till 6 months before the tissue will start to go away my PS said...if it isn't going away at that point, he is injecting a steroid to get rid of it (not a steroid that affects hormones)  it just breaks up and dissolves scar tissue...ask your PS about injections

Offline gyn_go_away

• Posting Member
Well, I'd hate to be the one to inform you of this, but I'm at 9 months post-op and my gyn looks much worse than it did before I had surgery. Let's just say my doc is a very well known (web-popular) doctor and I'm extremely disapointed in his performance. My case was minor and I have a good, lean,  semi-muscular body. People actually ask me about my nipples now, when before I had surgery only a few assholes bothered. Now a lot of people ask what's up with my nipples not only because they're perky as ever, coned, puffy ect, but the scare only on my left areola is heavily visiable. My right is completely invisible but my left is red, off target ( the cut is under my areola) so it contrasts on top of my skin not inside the circular areola. My right cut is perfectly placed inside the contour of my areola so it's completely unoticeable. It's a real bummer spending $5500.00 dollars and in the end  looking worse and being more insecure than I was before. I've lost all motivation to work out and I will not take my shirt around people unless it's my girlfriend. This is sad...just sad.

Offline headheldhigh01

• destined to stand on a beach shirtless
gga, i assume you talked to the guy about this.  was he receptive?  what'd he say, how'd he respond?  
* a man is more than a body will ever tell
* if it screws up your life the same, is there really any such thing as "mild" gyne?

Offline jc71

• Wilma, grab the lotion, we're going to the beach!
Don't know what your $ situation is but ever thought about revision surgery with another Dr.?  or even with the same Dr.? I know a couple in my area (Arizona) who will do it free of charge.  That is if they did the first surgery.

Offline Arkatakor

• Posting Member
@azman66

Why did you call this thread "Almost 4 monts post op (Dr. Bermant)", when you were talking about Dr. Sanders in Encino California?  Grrr, just wasted my time writing a long message defending Dr. Bermant as I was operated there myself and sofar things are great.

To the extent that your gyne came back, I would strongly suggest going to see an endocrinologist.  I am going to do that myself tomoworrow to make sure that I am never afflicted by it again, although I regret I have not done this sooner so I could save myself the extra worries.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024