Author Topic: I just had surgery with Dr. Delgado  (Read 4260 times)

Offline Ricky1965

• Posting Member
I am a 21 year old student in super good shape (from working out to try to get rid of the gyne) with a slight/moderate case of gynecomastia, mostly in puffy nipples and a little extra breast tissue.

I has surgery with Dr. Delgado yesterday in Novato.  The surgery experience was fine, no pain whatsoever, but now I'm feeling the brunt of it today.  I guess that's what the vicadin is for.

I just hope it turns out good and that all the hype about Dr. Delgado is legit, but so far I have been happy with what I've seen of him and his staff.  The last thing to wait for is the final result, and I'll keep you guys posted since I cant freaking do anything but sit in bed and go online and watch tv.

But BOOBIES BE GONE!

Offline Ricky1965

• Posting Member
Oh by the way I had the surgery yesterday.  I get the drains out tomorrow, thank goodness.

Offline Ricky1965

• Posting Member
Thanks.  I got the drains out yesterday which was so painful I almost passed out.  I was too scared to take a shower and I waited till today, but I gotta tell you guys.... IM SO HAPPY!  Its only days later and it looks really good.  Im sorry I haven't been an active member of the boards but definitely reading the conversations you guys have had have helped me.  Go get the surgery.  I cant wait to actually start wearing some normal clothes man.  

Offline tatatoothy

• Posting Member
Doesn't it feel great to get those drains out ? After the fact I mean... You and Curious both had extreme pain during drain removal, so I guess I got lucky.  My sides were still numb and I didn't feel it at all.  Now seven weeks later I still have some numbness at the drain sites, and almost complete numbness in my nipples.  I have a feeling that the pain you went through will be good in the long run, since you will have less numbness in that general area.  

Did you buy the silicone sheeting from Dr. Delgado?  I think it helped greatly to reduce discoloration in the scar area around my nipples.

Remember, you may be less thrilled with how you look in the upcoming weeks as the scar tissue hardens then breaks down, but keep in mind that it takes months and months to see the end result.

Best wishes for a successful recovery!

Offline Ricky1965

• Posting Member
He hasn't mentioned any silicone sheeting to me.  He decided to leave the stitches in another week after getting the drains out, so I'm probably going to ask about that when I go in to get the stitches out.  What's this business with the scar tissue breakdown?  I don't want breakdown!

Offline tatatoothy

• Posting Member
The silicone sheeting is mentioned in the pre-surgery packet that Dr. Delgado gave you at your pre-op consult.  It is basically a 6x8" or so rectangle that you cut small sections out of to put over your surgery scars. They will help lighten the appearance of the scars and prevent them from turning redding or purple colored. You use them after all the scabbing has fallen off, which for me was at the 3 week mark.  

I think the scar tissue breakdown is fairly common.  From what I understand, the breast area where the gland was removed and had lipo will harden during the first couple of weeks after surgery as the area heals and the skin reattaches itself.  After a month or so the this "scar" tissue will begin breaking down and your profile may appear to be a little "lumpy", especially when you raise your arms above your head.  Massage and time are the only ways I know to get rid of it, and in my case the "lumpiness" has decreased greatly over the last month, but may take up to a year to completely go away.  

Now you may not have this problem as much as I've had it because from what I gather you were in better shape going into the surgery, so I may have had more chest lipo done than you did.

Be patient, be strong and be happy you are gyne free!

Offline tatatoothy

• Posting Member
By the way, are you still wearing that nasty white velcro vest or have you moved onto his black, zipper wear-with-all vest?  The black one is SO much more comfortable.

Offline Ricky1965

• Posting Member
Yeah, it's totally disgusting.  It smells, i sweated all over it, there are blood and puss stains on it, and theres 4 day old vaseline.  I get the other vest when I get the stitches out.  

Offline Ricky1965

• Posting Member
Hey how long ago did you get your op done?

Offline tatatoothy

• Posting Member
Ugghhh... Just thinking of that smell makes me gag to this day... Atleast you can shower now... I tried washing mine after I got my drains out and it didn't help at all.  Luckily I'd pre-ordered a vest from Underworks and I wore it for the last day before stitch removal.  I went to the office with the Underworks vest on and Dr. Delgado wasn't impressed with the compression, but I was much more comfortable. I threw the nasty velcro vest away soon after getting the wear-with-all.

My OP date was November 3, 2005

Did you stain your sheets/pillows with vaseline ?  Yuck...
« Last Edit: December 22, 2005, 03:13:58 PM by tatatoothy »

Offline Ricky1965

• Posting Member
Nah, not that I've noticed.  I'm starting to notice that Im so used to having screwed up posture from gyne that I have to remind myself that I dont need to hold my shoulders stiff at my sides and hunch forward anymore.  That should take some getting used to.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024