Author Topic: 12 hrs Post-Op w/ Dr. Schafer in San Diego, CA  (Read 3310 times)

Offline Gynesaur

• Posting Member
Still feeling a little sore, some mild discomfort but overall I think I'm in pretty good condition post-op.

I've had a good amount of fluid come out but that was expected. Tomorrow they will be changing the dressings and I'll get a first look at my new chest!

More to follow...

-Gynesaur
« Last Edit: October 03, 2005, 08:04:11 PM by Gynesaur »

Offline Gynesaur

• Posting Member
Saw my new chest for the first time today. The whole procedure took about 20 minutes, I'm not sure if that's typical procedure time or not?

There is still some swelling and puffiness. Symetrically it looks fairly even, with the left side appearing a bit larger than the right. I was also a little shocked to see my right nipple in a concave position. Freaked me out a little but that I was told that sometimes happens and that it should reappear within a coupled days to a week.

BTW-After they removed the compression vest I fainted. I was told this could happen with the sudden rush of blood flow. I was completely out of it for about 15 minutes in the office.

I guess I'm fairly happy overall, my gyno is for the most part gone. I'll feel better once the symetry and right nipple improves however. Next post-op in one week.

-Gynesaur

Offline removethese

• Posting Member
Hey.

How are you feeling today?  Do the results look any better?

I hope everything works out.  Keep us updated.

RT.

Offline Gynesaur

• Posting Member
***3rd Day Post-Op***

Feeling better today, each day the soreness and swelling goes down. Per Dr. Schafer's instructions I am massaging myself 15 minutes in the morning and 15 at night. During the rest of the day I wear my regular size underarmor tee shirt. Fits snug but not too tight.

I felt some lumps which in my chest but the massaging really does seem to help. My chest is starting to feel smoother on both sides now.

My nipple on the right side is still sunken in and I am somewhat concerned about that even though they said this sometimes happens and should reappear soon. I'm going to call them tomorrow.

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
***3rd Day Post-Op***

My nipple on the right side is still sunken in and I am somewhat concerned about that even though they said this sometimes happens and should reappear soon. I'm going to call them tomorrow.

Gynesaur....

Dude, don't get your hopes up on having your RHS areola/nipple change much. See, how you look post-op depends alot on surgeon skill and knowledge of the proceedure. If he/she removes too much gland, you are left with a concave areola/nipple. That's one of the 'risks' of Gynecomastic reduction surgery :-/. My LHS areola is a tad concave and I'm almost 8 months post-op. However, I'm not overly concerned about it tho. The moobs are gone and that's all that matters! :)

Me thinks your PS is shooting you some BS.

John.
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline Gynesaur

• Posting Member
***4th Day Post-Op***

John thanks for the info, I wasn't aware that areola damage was a significant risk nor was that ever mentioned to me by my PS.

I went back to the office today and the PA worked on me. Shot me up with some lanacane and tried to pull it out from the concave position. After several minutes it was obvious that was not going to work so instead he pumped in some saline under the areola and sure enough it came back out. I have it taped in place now and was told no compression at least until my next checkup on Tuesday...

My moobs are about 80-90% gone I'd say at this point. I'm assuming the residual is fluid and/or swelling? Did you appear this way after post-op John? Thanks for the info. Next update on Tuesday...

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024