Author Topic: milk/dairy  (Read 3455 times)

Offline sergeantpepper

• Bronze Member
I was thinking that all the hormones in beef, milk, and dairy products today might cause gynecomastia. Anyone ever hear anything about this? what do you think?

Offline Mr_Nip

• Had expensive surgery... Now I'm flat busted!
There are a multitude of threads on that topic.  Here's one to get you started:  http://www.gynecomastia.org/smf/index.php/topic,5396.0.html
MR. NIP

I come from nowhere
And you should go there.
Just try it for a while.
The people from nowhere always smile.  -  Frank Zappa

Offline Mr_Nip

Man, why in the crap is this site changing m-u-l-t-i-t-u-d-e into multitude? 

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
multitude

Okay guys... It's fixed...

So sorry!

John.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2006, 08:57:15 PM by Grandpa Bambu »
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline Hypo-is-here

Haha is it something in the technology of the website that has become stained by the nature of the condition ;D

I mean a perfectly normal word like that mentioned above turned into a bizzare breast like word......odd.

By the way the worst book I have ever read is Herman Mellvilles Moby male thingy  Haha

The highway man was male thingy Turpin......or should I say Richard Turpin?

Offline Mr_Nip

By the way the worst book I have ever read is Herman Mellvilles Moby male thingy  Haha

That's funny.   :D

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
To change the topic slightly, could you imagne having the name 'Richard Head'?

John.

Offline headheldhigh01

• destined to stand on a beach shirtless
question comes up occasionally, i think it's a serious one and doesn't get enough scientific study, not so much on account of chicken as the beef and dairy, and i've even seen news stories about estrogen in lakes and streams emasculating frogs and animals.  i posted this once on a past discussion, didn't look up the link.   
Quote:
General / Gynecomastia Talk / Re: Drinking Milk  May 11th, 2004, 11:28pm 
i got fed lots of milk as a kid too and for my part still remain strongly suspicious of the hormones in milk [i.e. in the gyne connection] , particularly after i read an item that included this: 
Quote:
For more than fifty years, U.S. farmers have used both natural and artificial hormones to increase the growth rates of livestock. Just like bodybuilders can bulk up on steroids, these steroid hormones make cattle grow bigger and faster. Of course the USDA doesn't like to call them growth hormones, they call them "meat quality enhancers," which they note is a "more consumer friendly term."

According to the USDA, these hormones can eliminate as many as 21 days of feeding time-same weight, 21 days earlier-which saves lots of money. But Europe in the eighties had just gotten over this thing where little babies started growing breasts and menstruating after eating baby food made from veal calves pumped with the hormone DES and then there were all these cancers and genital deformities and so January 1st, 1989 Europe banned the production and consumption of hormone laden meat. 

i take my chances on the soy.

if the health aspect interests you, there's a very good article i recommend (note mention of tamoxifen and igf-1) at http://www.vegansociety.com/content/articles/stimesmag_jul2002.html
 .  if the humane dimension does, poke around the links a little on www.milksucks.com ; don't dismiss it out of hand as radical, just read it neutrally for the value of its ideas and content. 

fwiw, i've been a heavy soy consumer for years and never had the responses ff gets, so it may be that individual reactions just differ.
* a man is more than a body will ever tell
* if it screws up your life the same, is there really any such thing as "mild" gyne?

Offline jc71

• Wilma, grab the lotion, we're going to the beach!
Haha is it something in the technology of the website that has become stained by the nature of the condition ;D

I mean a perfectly normal word like that mentioned above turned into a bizzare breast like word......odd.

Hypo. Absolutely hilarious. I get the feeling most guys here think you're very serious. You're actually a pretty funny guy.  ;D

Offline Mr_Nip

Hypo. Absolutely hilarious. I get the feeling most guys here think you're very serious. You're actually a pretty funny guy.  ;D

I know...  Even when Hypo is arguing a serious point, there's an underlying wit that is entertaining to say the least.    :)

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024