Author Topic: Why do you all have agendas?  (Read 8213 times)

Offline doddy

• 06/04/2005.
Seriously.

You've got Spleen telling everyone that their case is nothing to be concerned about (even if it IS), you've got vaio saying that a well-known surgeon is a guaranteed rip-off, and you've got STILLgotIT making it sound like surgery probably won't work for puffy-nipplers.

Then you have blatino, who is, simply put, a wanker.

It's getting ridiculous.
etc.

Offline Spleen

Everyone?  Really?

Dude, I'm being honest, nothing more or less.  If you got straight up female looking breasts that's one thing, but so many guys that post here have quite mild gynecomastia and are freaking out.  Heck, I wouldn't have characterized myself as a gyne "sufferer" until I visited this place.  Gynecomastia isn't exactly life threatening so the amount of "concern" required ought to be kepy in perspective?

Offline doddy

• 06/04/2005.
Spleen, your understanding of the condition seems to be fundamentally flawed. We all know that it isn't life threatening, but the damage that it DOES obviously cause is mental. If someone thinks they look bad because of it, then that's what matters. It's a totally subjective thing and so I don't really see what you are hoping to achieve by just saying "nah, yours is fine."

The very fact that whoever you're addressing has taken the time to register and post here would lend evidence to suggest that they don't think so.

Btw I withdraw my criticism of vaio, wasn't really justified.

Offline STILLgotIT

• Gold Member
  • Finally gyne-free
I'm just sharing my personal experience for the benefit of others. If someone is going to drop $5K on a surgery, then they should be prepared for the very possible chance that it does not cure the condition.

Hey, I'm all for surgery. I had it in the first place, didn't I? And, I'm planning on hitting up my doc for a revision if things don't pan out right.

But, does that mean people need to be sheltered from reality?

At the very least, perhaps my info will cause them to have the "what if it dudn't work, doc?" discussion with their PS.

BTW, I don't mind being lumped in the same thread as Spleen and Vaio... but blatino?  :o :o :o

Come'on!!

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
doddy...

Have you ever heard of 'Freedom of speach/opinion'?

Spleen, Vaio, STILLgotIT and the rest, have their individual opinion. Isn't that what this Site is all about? Hearing what others 'opinions' are. Those opinions may not be what some people want to hear, but we should respect the rights of those who offer their opinion.

I agree with Sleen about how some of the guys who post their pics are saying that they have Gyne. Those guys should direct their energy towards chasing down some muff rather than worrying about something that they don't have. Ever hear of BDD?

And that is my opinion!  ;D ;) ;D

John.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2005, 04:25:20 AM by Bambu »
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline doddy

• 06/04/2005.
Bambu - of course I've heard about free speech / opinion.

Hence why I'm expressing MY opinion.

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
Bambu - of course I've heard about free speech / opinion.

Hence why I'm expressing MY opinion.

;D ;D ;D

Offline rcbrown23

Doddy...your fukkin funny!

Spleen, your understanding of the condition seems to be fundamentally flawed. We all know that it isn't life threatening, but the damage that it DOES obviously cause is mental. If someone thinks they look bad because of it, then that's what matters. It's a totally subjective thing and so I don't really see what you are hoping to achieve by just saying "nah, yours is fine."

The very fact that whoever you're addressing has taken the time to register and post here would lend evidence to suggest that they don't think so.

I agree with this statement 100%.

Offline jc71

• Wilma, grab the lotion, we're going to the beach!
Everyone's got an agenda?

--hypo must have stock in the endocrinology business.
(Talking with an endocrinologist is very important.  It could mean the difference between surgery or meds or a successful surgery vs. one where the gyne comes back. I would never had known about endocrinology if it wasn't for his posts.)

--paa is an old guy who's advice doesn't work with teens.
(Paa's advice is invaluable as he's lived his entire life with gyne and has experienced a lot of things and most importantly has survived. He does a great job helping us put this into perspective.)

--jc71 is a jerk who thinks he's funny when he's really not. (True!)

I don't know if we all have agendas, I like to call them personalities.  :)
« Last Edit: March 20, 2005, 01:49:48 PM by jc71 »

Offline vaio

• Gyne free, is the way to be!
Seriously.

You've got Spleen telling everyone that their case is nothing to be concerned about (even if it IS), you've got vaio saying that a well-known surgeon is a guaranteed rip-off, and you've got STILLgotIT making it sound like surgery probably won't work for puffy-nipplers.

Then you have blatino, who is, simply put, a wanker.

It's getting ridiculous.

Obviously, if people are on here, they are concerned about the way their chest looks. They want opinions and advice from others on here that are going thru the same thing they are going thru.

When did I say a well known surgeon is a guaranteed rip off? I have said gynecomastia surgery is a very simple procedure. Its something that all board certified plastic surgeons can do with simular results when its all said and done. Thats my opinion.
Just because I said this, it means I am bashing gynecomastia experts?

From the begining, I said that I would never pay $5,000 for a gynecomastia surgery. I didn't either, and look at my results. They look just like the peoples that got surgery with a gynecomastia expert, if not better. I get private messages with people telling me this quite often. I don't have money to burn, and alot of people on here don't also.

You need to learn to accept peoples opinions.

« Last Edit: March 20, 2005, 04:22:56 PM by vaio »
$2,800 = Freedom!

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/vaiomanfree/album?.dir=7e36&.src=ph&am p;store=&prodid=&.done=http%3a//pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/vaiomanfree/my_photos

Offline vaio

• Gyne free, is the way to be!
Also, the reason some people on here say "your case looks fine" (even when it doesn't) is because they are going through psychological issues.

They are trying to deny that the problem actually exists with themselves, and to do this, they have to convince others around them the same.
Than they repress the problem in the back of their head. Repression and denile. Than they feel fine for a short time. As soon as  its time to take their shirt off or wear a regular tee shirt, they get comments and stares, and laughing sometimes which brings the insecurity/ anxiety back out.

Its a process that repeats itself over and over again. I've been through it for years and years. It wasent until after I took many psychology courses that I realized what I was actually doing. Than I decided to go thru with surgery to eliminate the problem once and for all.

« Last Edit: March 20, 2005, 04:34:35 PM by vaio »

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
Doddy,

I think you are right, that we do all have our own agenda.

Mine is that having Gynecomastia does not make a person odd in any way.  The condition is quite common.  When a young man thinks he is alone and has an unusual or freakish condition, his self image suffers.

How to deal with Gynecomastia is something that each young man will have to decide for himself.  We are fortunate to be at a point in time where there are alternatives.  Those of us that are older had only one thing that could be done, Cope with it.  Now it is possible to either cope or cut.

The fundamental issue is still the same: That which we bear in secret is a heavy load while open discussion and information makes the burden lighter for each of us individually and all of us collectively.  A burden shared is a burden made lighter.

I stumbled upon this site when looking for information to help one of my grandsons.  Obviously I do not agree with everything said here, But I rejoice that there is this open forum and value the opinions even when I do not fully agree.

Since Gynecomastia runs in my family, I regard it as normal.  But mine is only one perspective,  There are many others.  Each different opinion is equally valid for someone.

Most important is that any young man who has Gynecomastia needs to know they are not alone.  They should not allow it to depriciate their self image.
Grandpa Dan

Offline headheldhigh01

• destined to stand on a beach shirtless
agree that gyne is relative.  i think thomas paine once said that one broken leg is preferable to two, but that doesn't exactly make it a blessing.  
* a man is more than a body will ever tell
* if it screws up your life the same, is there really any such thing as "mild" gyne?

Offline doddy

• 06/04/2005.

Obviously, if people are on here, they are concerned about the way their chest looks. They want opinions and advice from others on here that are going thru the same thing they are going thru.

When did I say a well known surgeon is a guaranteed rip off? I have said gynecomastia surgery is a very simple procedure. Its something that all board certified plastic surgeons can do with simular results when its all said and done. Thats my opinion.
Just because I said this, it means I am bashing gynecomastia experts?

From the begining, I said that I would never pay $5,000 for a gynecomastia surgery. I didn't either, and look at my results. They look just like the peoples that got surgery with a gynecomastia expert, if not better. I get private messages with people telling me this quite often. I don't have money to burn, and alot of people on here don't also.

You need to learn to accept peoples opinions.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024