Author Topic: Pre/Post Op Checklist  (Read 2293 times)

Offline Get_r_done

I'm set to have surgery next Wednesday in Toronto.  I've been reading the boards for the last couple of months and I owe a great deal of gratitude to the people who have been brave enough to post their experiences.  I haven't come across a checklist of items that you should take with you to surgery, or have with you after surgery.  I thought this might be useful.  Is anyone willing to put together a list?

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
Get_r_done....

Welcome to the boards dude!

What sort of 'items' were you thinking of?

John.
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline Get_r_done

Thanks.  I feel I kind of know you already.  It is a surreal experince to be posting after reading these boards for so long.  I owe much of the courage I have mustered up to have surgery with JCF to you, and many of the other people who post regularily on the Canada section of this board. 

I've read a few posts where compression t-shirts from Sport Check are mentioned as an alternative to the compression vest given to you at the hospital, as well as creams for scar tissue/reduction.  Also, some people have suggested bringing a large button up shirt to wear home from the hospital.  I thought it might be useful for people to reference one comprehensive list of items people suggest to bring to the hospital, and items you might consider having at your home for the post-operative/recovery experience.  What do you think?   

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
ome people have suggested bringing a large button up shirt to wear home from the hospital.  I thought it might be useful for people to reference one comprehensive list of items people suggest to bring to the hospital, and items you might consider having at your home for the post-operative/recovery experience.  What do you think?   

Get_r_done....

Sure, a big, baggy shirt would be useful as you will have very bulky padding/dressing on the surgery site. Also, if you are alone, take a book or gameboy. Sometimes they make you wait quite a while before hitting the table.

Also, as you mentioned for post-op, the patient may want to opt for a t-shirt type compression garment from a shop such as Sportchek, rather than the vest that JCF supplies.

John.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024