Author Topic: Working After Surgery  (Read 2964 times)

Offline intoodeep

• Posting Member
I was wondering, if you have physical job and basically stay on the move for 10 hours, how soon can you go back to work. Im planning on having surgery in January and plan on taking 2 weeks off. Will that be enough to recover?

Thanks

Offline Mr_Nip

• Had expensive surgery... Now I'm flat busted!
Maybe.  It depends on how extensive your surgery is, how you individually heal, and whether your job involves heavy lifting.  Rule of thumb is that if what you're doing hurts then you need to stop doing it.  Listen to your body.  Moreover, this is something you really should discuss with your PS before making definite plans.
MR. NIP

I come from nowhere
And you should go there.
Just try it for a while.
The people from nowhere always smile.  -  Frank Zappa

Offline 808gyno

• Posting Member
  • Upon further review, I'm not as cool as I thought.
I work in construction and was good to go after about a week.  Just be very careful as overhead work and any impact to your chest can make you  :'(

Offline wolfman

• keep fighting my friends
i was home for a week also, but be careful so u dont hurt your self
i finally feel like im a man

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
Rule of thumb is that if what you're doing hurts then you need to stop doing it.  Listen to your body.

Good advice Mr_Nip....  ;)

We all heal at different rates. So yeah, you have to 'listen' to your body. It will tell you when it's ready for heavy work....

JP
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline flex1appeal

I started training heavy with weights on week 3 after both my surgeries. I was fine. A tad stiff in certain exercises I did but other than that no problems. 2 weeks I'd say is probably a tad too soon too lift heavy.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024