Author Topic: Dr Anand - mallya hospital, Bangalore  (Read 19527 times)

Offline tony_ss

• Silver Member
How is he.. I am planning to get it operated by him.. could somebody pls advise?

Offline lestat

bump.

Same question. Any inputs regarding this operation @Mallaya please ..

Offline tony_ss

• Silver Member
Hi lestat ,
looks like u r  a bangaloorean.. ooks like u r planning to get it operated..
i have consulted some plastic surgeons.. u might have also done the same. would you mind giving me your email id.
i thought we could share our opinion about plastic surgeons we have met so it will be useful info to both of us..
Thanks,
Tony.

Offline hungry.tides

• Silver Member
  • make the most of what you have got
hi i too met him today, and he was very friendly, He was at times very care free kinds, even said you can ride bike after a few days post surgery, Also when i asked do i need any blood tests he said no, u are a healthy human,no need for any blood tests...
When i asked abt drains, he said "i say clearly, there would be no drains no bleeding" he sounded too confident, how did ur metting go? what are your plans?

Ciao
Surgery Date: 25th June 2007
Lipo + Excision (<100% removal around nipple)
Plastic Surgeon: Dr. Ananteshwar, Manipal, Bangalore
pre & post pics link:
http://s191.photobucket.com/albums/z236/hungrytides/
Know more @ :
http://www.plasticsurgery4u.com/procedure_folder/male_breast/index.html

Offline problem man

• Silver Member
You mentioned about Dr Susheel Celatus, plz provide more info abt him. Where can i consult him and what is his surgery cost? Atleast, did he mention to get the hormones tested before surgery?
« Last Edit: July 16, 2007, 02:12:39 PM by problem man »

Offline hungry.tides

• Silver Member
I met Dr Susheel Cleatus at Wockhardt, i have thru internet found he is one of the best in bangalore.....He says depending upon which hospital the cost will vary between 60-70,000. Also Dr susheel wudnt be available till August, as he is on leave. He saw my hormone results, he repeated that he is PS not an ENDO, i do a strainght forward job of removing things u dont want ....was very frank  :-\

And Dr Anand said 40,000  but as i hear frm u all he doesnt look a good PS, am i rght ?

Now i m thinking abt going to my home, Mumbai and go under the knife there ....
I have met Dr Bimal mody in Jan, he showed me lot of pre-post pics, but was not friendly at all .....
Anyways i dont want to make him my best friend  ;D

so thats my plan ....

Offline problem man

• Silver Member
Thanks for the info about Susheel.

By the way, how bad is ur condition? I mean do u hide ur gyne during work...or is it not noticeable too much?
« Last Edit: October 08, 2007, 08:12:29 AM by problem man »

Offline hungry.tides

• Silver Member
i dont hide gyne by goingout of my way....i avoid T-shirts, and when i wear i try wearing my pullover, but summers make that difficult to justify  :-[

but i think mine is pretty bad, with a very big Areola, I have very sensitive gyne i guess, the skin is very smooth....
i will post a pic when i get hold of a camera....

almost every one has noticed my gyne, and lot have commented too...
I went to a hostel after my 12th standard, so since 7 years i m out of my home, I guess you can imagine what i have faced...
I have lot at stake because of this silly reason, I'm not able to perform to my fullest extent due to this.
I dont know if you have had similar kind of feeling but i tend to blame any thing that not going my way to my Gyne, i want to go ahead of this trapping...

~~~hungry tides~~~

Offline bloregynacomastia

• Bronze Member
 :) Hi hungry tides , problem man and the rest of you folks ??? Have you had your suregery yet? I doubt it cuz Your posts say 29th May which was few days back. I've been researching and planning for almost 2 years now. And the feeling of having my boobs chopped off did'nt become strong until 5 months back. this is because I am working in a place which people dress up fashionably and i was like a bozo always wearing certain clothes which help conceal my boobies.

Saturday June 2nd 2007 - A day that hopefully will change my life ( cuz im still sore and didnt get a chance to peek at my chest.). I had my surgery done @ Manipal hospital under the hands of expert crano-facial plastic and reconstructive surgeon Dr. Anantheshwar- HOD of plastic surgery and post trauma reconstructive surgery.This surgeon is so humble and cooperative that I finally decided to do it under him. The other PS that i met were Dr. Surindher from Bangalore Hospital, Dr. Susheel Cleatus and Dr. Anand. to be Frank, I was shopping for the best surgeon with best experience and ofcourse a reasonable bill. All these things  were found only in Dr.Anatheshwar. He took so much time to explain to me how he is gonna make a slit under my nipple across half of it excise the brest tissue and through that opening perform power assisted lipo-suction. My consultation with him for the first time wasnt in a cozy room .But was in the operating theatre.I was ushered in by a sister who told me to take off my shoes before entering the OT. there I met a lean , good looking grey mustached Doctor wearing surgeons blue clothes.he was Dr. Anatheshwar. I met him during one of the breaks he took while performing a surgery on accident victim. that was somewhere in May. For more information Plz read the new topic I posted in these forums..if you need any further guidance. Don't hesitate to message me. i will be most glad to reply. Im typing this message from home with my drains in a plastic bag infront of me. The only tablets im taking are an antibiotic named sporidex AF- 750mg ( cephalexin Extended release tablets by Ranbaxy). i was prescribed pain killers but havent taken them cuz i feel No Pain whatsoever. Rest you read on my new post....its pointless for me to repeat type.....

Take care fellows. its just 1.5 days after my surgery which ended at 2pm on saturday...So you think you need more time to make up your mind????

And by the way, I was just reading some thing bout using or not using drains. The only people who dont need drains are Liposuction patients and patients with very small gynacomastias. If your surgery includes excision of bresat tissues + liposuction 95% of times you will need drains to drain out the liquid that just hampers the healing process. Im on drains but frankly speaking they are cumbersome things. im stuck at home for few days till doctor agrees to get them off (when daily drainage = or less than 10ml per drain.

Think no more. Go and get them chopped off and live a life. Im on my way to a new exciting holiday filled life without embarrassment or shame. :-\
« Last Edit: June 03, 2007, 08:05:56 PM by bloregynacomastia »

Offline hungry.tides

• Silver Member
bloregynacomastia: that was very helpful post, hope you will be regular here with updates on recovery process, this thread has very less active members, but im sure lot of people see this threads for daily updates....

As for my surgery, No i havent yet done with chopping them off  :D   As you might have read frm my previous post, my home is in Mumbai,and Blore didnt really impress me with PS ..(Didnt meet Dr. Anantheshwar)
And as u say drains would be present, so its better i do it a place where i plan to recuperate, which is Mumbai....

Some shots of you pre/post op will really help (which prior post u reffering to?)

I guess even problem man is also weighing his options.....

So u say no pain ehh, good for you, dont strain your arms at all....Dont le anyone come near those bruises ....

You didnt mention the cost of the surgery, did u try insurance?, How many days leave u put at Office?

Wishing a fast recovery, request you to be regular at this thread now that u r at the other end of the wall :D

cheers

Offline moobs_sucks

• Posting Member
Good to see some activity going on in B'lore section.......
congrats to "bloregynecomastia" for deciding to go ahead with surgery...please post some pre-op & post-op pictures.
Iam also from B'lore but had surgery at apollo chennai by Dr.Ramachandran 1.5 months ago......
Iam fully satisfied with my results and guess what ... iam going out with T-shirts ... its an
amazing experience .........

I had gland excision and liposuction with tuemesent techniques.... as "bloregynecomastia" mentioned
mine is not power assisted liposution ... but the results are amazing ........

Surgery done on 18th April 2007
(Lipo+gland excision)
Surgeon: DR.Ramachandran
Pre & Post op pics:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/moobs_sucks/

• Bronze Member
I never ever thought it would be so painless. I called my doctor and asked him why isnt there alot of pain, Did you do something ? He said he did not sever the nerves in that area. and due to power assisted liposuction the tissues arent traumatized unlike Tumescent technique done manually where the surgeon has to be very careful in hurting skin tissues.
 Since he specializes in connecting nerves n stuff like that for Crano facial ( for those who dunno what a cranium is he fixes nerves in your head neck area spinal cord. That isn't a joke dear friends.)

Im a very soft and delicate person with my skin like girls. If I dont feel pain then its something great because my pain tolerance level is very low.

I also gave him the good news that today morning i measured only 30ml of drainage in each drain. I need to get it to 10ml before doctor removes these drains.

I advise those people to do more research on all these topics, consult the internet. watch live Gynacomastia surgeries on Youtube and Flicker.

I saw 3 surgeries before going to the doctor and he said great You know exactly whats going to be done :-X

Free Photo Album with PicTiger
« Last Edit: June 06, 2007, 11:54:55 AM by bloregynacomastia »

Offline hungry.tides

• Silver Member
I advise those people to do more research on all these topics, consult the internet. watch live Gynacomastia surgeries on Youtube and Flicker.
Absolutely correct, we must be educated about the surgery, that is one of the ways we wont panic if say we have drains

Hey abt drains, u said anyone who goes for Excision will have it, So does that mean that u have to go back to your surgeon in a day or two post op to remove drains, What exactly is drain? blood coming out of the surgery wound? Its stored in plastic bags? u have to wear Shirt over these plastic bags??

hey moobs_sucks: Congrats for your surgery, I m looking at getting my surgery done in Mumbai, since u too did it in Non-Bangalore location and (i guess) u r now in blore,does it make a difference that ur surgeon is in Chennai and u in Blore, I mean dont u have to go back to ur Doc Post op.

I'm planning on July 1st week, and would take a week off, if all goes well i will rejoin office in mid 2nd week of july, do i need to again go back to my surgeon after this?

keep posted, moobs_suck & bloregynecomastia, u ppl will be very helpful in keepin this thread update...
Wishing speedy recovery.
Ciao

Offline moobs_sucks

• Posting Member
Hungry.tides,

After surgery, i stayed a week in chennai for the stiches to be removed.
Regarding post-op , my doc said there is no need to visit .
But Iam planning to visit him after 3 months when i take off the compression vest.

Bloregynecomastia:
please post your pre-op & post-op photos .......

Regardng my earlier post ... i said , i had liposution with tumesect technique.....
today i read my discharge letter. It says " power assisted liposution done with tumesent technique".

• Bronze Member
Yes moobs, I had a feeling because the results you got are great and such results are possible with power- assisted lipo. Besides isn't Apollo hospital- Chennai one of the best In India ? Yuor one lucky guy to have got operated there  :D

A drain is a simple plastic container that is collapsible like an accordion with an opening cork-screwtype on top. It is connected with Tubes (just like IV drip tubes ) to the interior of your chest and is held inside by stitches sutures

Let me be frank and tell you that its impossible to go out in a crowded place like bangalore on the road with Drains. there is a risk of  them coming off if by mistake come one bangs into you or you trip over it.

The drains are going to be evaluated on Wednesday and if 10ml or less drainage is there  they will remove it else they will wait for another 2 days.

Drain removal includes opening up of the stitches and removing the apparatus that is embedded in your chest. From what i've researched on the internet it is 10 minutes of real pain while doctor pulls them out of your healing chest.

What is drained is not blood. Its a bloody solution of liquified fat. Its pale yellow , with small pieces of Fat and reddish color mixed. Its looks Grosse and yucky. But its normal. when i measure the liquid with a syringe every morning the liquid is soo viscuous like lab glycerine or petroleum jelly solution mixed with red dye. It's seriuosly yucky to look at. or even handle. but no other choice mates. Its worth it.

BTW today I drained 30ml from each drain. Pray that it comes down else I'm gonna be under house arrest for longer :'(

As for panic...the reason I'm writing this post and sharing my actual status is to make people who are hesitant realize that its not a big thing to go for a gynecomastia surgery. No body needs to know that you did surgery. nor its a dangerous surgery (provided its done by an expert and not hoax doctors and cosmetologists who practice from small clinics like Dr. Batra's kaya skin care etc etc. Avoid such monkey clinics who will tear you just to get their money and foresake you when they themselves are helpless.)

Im sure when I go for holidays back home, it will be difficult to hide the Compression vest from your mother, brother or sister. So i decided to tell them about it once i go there and show her my super flat chest and explain to her why i needed to do this surgery. C'mon  you can tell your Mom. And I'm only doing it because she will come to know today or tomorrow.
Im not gonna tell my work collueges or my manager or any body who wont ever come to know or need'nt know about my surgery.

Another point worth mentioning is that post surgery you will need to visit your PS about every 1 month for evaluation for first 3 months POST SURGERY.Then whenever you feel necessary for check-up . So if some one is working in bangalore and planning to have his operation done in Mumbai. Think again ???. Follow up will be difficult and costly and inconvenient for your job and Yourself. Always choose a good PS in your own city.
Your gonna have a forced relationship for 1 year with Him. so you need to make friends with him, trust one another on recovery methods and procedures,cooperate with his instructions and guidance 100%. Else you cant blame him later for bad results ...can You?

What else.... its the start of yet another boring day...let me  see how I can waste it constructively lolzzzzzzz.

tc guys.

Free Photo Album with PicTiger

« Last Edit: June 05, 2007, 05:59:30 PM by bloregynacomastia »

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024