Author Topic: Compression Vest Alternative  (Read 3552 times)

Offline vaio

• Gyne free, is the way to be!
Which is better. A compression vest, or under armor spandax shirt??
$2,800 = Freedom!

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/vaiomanfree/album?.dir=7e36&.src=ph&am p;store=&prodid=&.done=http%3a//pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/vaiomanfree/my_photos

Offline AbNormal

• Bronze Member
I got underarmor and though it helps more than just a tight tee shirt, it doesn't help enough for me to be able to wear just 1 shirt over it, which is basically the only thing that would be normal during the summer.

So I'm getting an underworks 2 panel shirt thing.  We'll see how that works.

An underarmor may help enough for mild cases that are even on both sides though.

The one that I got was the long tank top, heatgear.  The heatgears cool you off the most out of all of them, which is nice with multiple layers.

I don't know if that's the best choice, but it works pretty well for me.   The nips contour to the lines of the chest, rather than poking out.  But other than that, not much improvement.  But then again, my chest is uneven by a fair measure.. and I think that's the thing that people notice in me.

In any case, from what I understand compression vests/shirts work better than underarmor.  Also, underarmor stretches over time.  But it does help more than tight tee shirts.

Offline AbNormal

• Bronze Member
Maybe try one of these Vaio:

http://www.underworks.com/996.html

It looks like it's basically a shirt, but with compression of the front.  Might work.

A few people have highly recommended it.

Offline nukem2k5

• Breasts belong on women!
I just ordered one of those yesterday.  I'll let you know how it works out.  I hope I got the right size.
Reborn on May 24, 2005
Surgery Cost: $4,040
Dr. David Metzner - New Orleans, LA
My Photos
Two Years Post-Op Photos

Offline vaio

• Gyne free, is the way to be!
I don't have gyne anymore. Im sick of wearing the compression vest, becuse it has the velcrow which shows through when wearing shirts.

Will under armor spandex shirts give the same amount of compression as a compression vest?

Offline AbNormal

• Bronze Member
The shirts don't really give compression so much as they kind of tighten things up.. if you know what I mean.  It is by no means a very strong "compression" effect.  If you want to keep your chest healing as best as possible w/o using a compression vest, I'd say check out the underworks site, see what's there, etc.

The shirt that I mentioned is a pull-over, so I'm not sure if that would be good with a chest that's just had surgery or not.  But they have other stuff as well.

There are many different kinds of compression vests out there, so I'm sure you could find one that doesn't have parts that stick out or anything like that.  

Good luck in finding one.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024