Author Topic: Hello  (Read 1695 times)

Offline foushad

Hello, I am new to these forums.  I have a question to ask about gynecomastia, and my experiences with it. 

When I was still in Elementary school, I started taking medicine for bronchitis which I believe had steroids in it.  I cannot remember whether or not it began before this, but I began to develop gynecomastia while also becoming overweight.  Because of this, I am not sure if it was the medicine or a natural occurence at that age.

I am now 19, and I made the decision to get in shape.  I have since gone from 195 pounds to 168 pounds, and from self-measuring using calipers (Meaning i'm not sure if it is entirely accurate) I am at about 11% body fat.  While my chest has noticeably less fatty, I still have alot more fat and my breasts are alot larger than than I would expect from someone of my BF%. 

When I flex my pectorals, the only places where I feel the real excess of fat is right under my nipple, and directly under it.  I can only feel the fat there, but my breasts are overly large because of it  The nipples are puffy, but not extremely so, and a little larger than the size of a quarter. 

What exactly does this sound like to you guys, as I am now not completely sure that this is not just a case of me having more fat around my chest naturally.  If so, do you think if I keep reducing body fat and increasing muscle mass, that I will be able to eliminate the chest fat?

Offline headheldhigh01

• destined to stand on a beach shirtless
the way you describe its location makes it sound like gyne to me, though if you think pics would help you could try that too, remembering that if it's just a starter case pics won't make it obvious. 

weight loss and working out will not make real gyne go away.  i'd say based on what you said you have reason enough to get an exam by a plastic surgeon or a doctor who's competent at gyne (not all of them are, unfortunately.) 

if you've had it for more than two or three years, it is probably not going to get better, though by your age at least it should also not get worse. 

once you talk to a doc or two, if they confirm it, you have to decide if you're willing to live with it or want to get an op to get rid of it. 
* a man is more than a body will ever tell
* if it screws up your life the same, is there really any such thing as "mild" gyne?

Offline flex1appeal

What you took for your bronchitis would have a cortical steroid in it and not anabolic so I doubt it caused a hormonal imbalance. Cortical steroids are catabolic. What you describe sounds like gyno but maybe you can post a pic so we can see for ourselves and better determine for you?

Offline nukem2k5

• Breasts belong on women!
Same thing they said: I doubt it was the meds, and we could get a better idea if you posted a few pics.
Reborn on May 24, 2005
Surgery Cost: $4,040
Dr. David Metzner - New Orleans, LA
My Photos
Two Years Post-Op Photos

Offline foushad

I will post pictures tomorrow probably.  Thank's for the help.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024