Author Topic: Diffenent surgery option maybe?  (Read 1770 times)

Offline gabbyhey

• Gold Member
I haven't run across this surgery option yet on the board, so I thought I would mention what I went with:

I went in for surgery today, and had what the Doc called a mastectomy with a nipple graft.  Basically, he said that liposuction was an option for me but it may require more than one surgery to remove excess skin.  So we talked about all of our options and the best seemed to be the mastectomy.  What he explained was that he would cut out the breast tissue and the nipple, while removing the excess skin all in one surgery. Then he grafted the nipples in the proper place (I hope so at least).  The positives explained were that I wouldn't have to worry about loose skin, it would be the flattest option all together, most likely one surgery and all done, and I could resize my nipples to be a little smaller.  The downsides are more pain, a longer recovery, and more scarring than lipo.  When it comes to the scarring, I'm not really that concerned.  It will be a strait line under each nipple.  He said it will fade away with time, and frankly, I don't have the cash to do this surgery again if the skin didn't come out tight with lipo.  I'd show some pics, but I don't have any yet, they took some today, but I'll make sure to post them later.

I had surgery about 12 hours ago.  I've heard that the pain is like a good workout.  In my case, its a lot more painful than that.  I can move my arms fine.  The hardest part is standing up and sitting down.  The doc said this would be a more painful than lipo, so I'm not surprised.  Plus... physical pain at this point I can handle, the emotional pain I couldn't handle anymore. 

I've got drainage tubes in and I will have them for a few more days.  I wrapped up with bandages and hoping for the best.  It is amazing already though to see how flat of a chest I have even with the bandages and wrap on.  Immediate results with this drastic surgery.  Anyone else gone through this kind of procedure?

Offline Mr_Nip

• Had expensive surgery... Now I'm flat busted!
Congratulations!   :)  What you have had done is quite interesting, especially for those who have severe to extreme gyne.  Please keep us posted on how you get along through your recovery. 
MR. NIP

I come from nowhere
And you should go there.
Just try it for a while.
The people from nowhere always smile.  -  Frank Zappa

Offline gabbyhey

• Gold Member
Thanks Mr. Nip.  This does seem like a pretty good idea with gyne that is moderate or worse.  I was borderline, I may have been able to go with the lipo but like I said earlier, the skin may not have shrunk back tight.  I just thought I'd post this to make sure other people new about this option.  My doctor, Andrew Baertsch comes highly recommended around here.  I was fortunate enough that my father is the health field and knew of him.  By the way, another positive that this has is that I have extremely little chance of developing breast cancer.  Yeah, it is incredibly rare in men, but my father had it.  So I have a little more peace of mind.  I'll keep everybody posted. 

p.s. day two, woke up with a sore throat from the breathing tube they inserted yesterday.   Moderate pain, but I got painkillers.  (darn they say narcotic, but I'm not feeling loopy.  Shucks!)

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024