Author Topic: hypothetical dilema  (Read 2998 times)

Offline angel_allen

• Silver Member
heres something i was thinking about. public swimming pools- ok? they often have long lists of petty rules (no running, no splashing, no petting etc, etc ::)) ok?
Now im fairly certain if a girl was to enter the pool topless she would be asked to leave or cover up so as not to offend (who I have no idea!). Anyway, say I was to enter the pool with my gyne... see where this is going?
Would they be within their rights to ask me to leave or would I have a good case for sueing them as regards them insulting me because of my deformity? Im sure I would have a case if i had a horrible burn scar or if i had one arm/leg.
All totally hypothetical of course as i hate pools anyway (full of chemicals & brats!)
I do go to the beach on holiday tho I have to say! Its others who have the problem with my boobs not me!

Offline gabbyhey

• Gold Member
I have never heard of this happening.  Hypothetically, I'd say you may have a leg to stand on in a legal case, but boy wouldn't that be embarassing.   Good for you on having the confidence to not your gyne bother you on vacation.  That's more than a lot of us can do.

Offline flex1appeal

That's a very interesting question actually. I see people with gyno every year at pools and water parks and they never tell them to put a shirt on. In fact, I remember I went a water park 2 summers ago and was wearing a bathing suite and, of course, a t-shirt to hide my gyno. But the damn life guards on the big water slides told me I had to remove my shirt when going down the slides. I took my shirt off hoping they'd tell me to put it back on lol. But they never did. I think gyno is viewed differently by society than we view it. Especially since there is much ignorance about the topic. Many people do not know what gyne is. They just see a guy with a fat looking chest that appear to be boobs to some. But most equate that condition to just being a fat guy I think and it is socially ok to be topless therefore with gyne. Just my thoughts.

Offline Mr_Nip

• Had expensive surgery... Now I'm flat busted!
heres something i was thinking about. public swimming pools- ok? they often have long lists of petty rules (no running, no splashing, no petting etc, etc ::)) ok?
Now im fairly certain if a girl was to enter the pool topless she would be asked to leave or cover up so as not to offend (who I have no idea!). Anyway, say I was to enter the pool with my gyne... see where this is going?
Would they be within their rights to ask me to leave or would I have a good case for sueing them as regards them insulting me because of my deformity? Im sure I would have a case if i had a horrible burn scar or if i had one arm/leg.
All totally hypothetical of course as i hate pools anyway (full of chemicals & brats!)
I do go to the beach on holiday tho I have to say! Its others who have the problem with my boobs not me!

Has anything like that actually ever happened with you?  Although I DID have a problem with my boobs, I made quite a few trips to the pool and beach with my family, too (you've got to try to have a life, you know).  I got finger-pointing, stares, smiles, laughs, giggles, and yada yada yada, but nobody in authority ever approached me about it.  

That reminds me of something funny.  At the beach I would sometimes see somebody pointing at me for their boy/girlfriend to see, and then while they were both looking I would turn my head straight toward them and point while laughing at them.  They would usually be packed up and gone within minutes.  
MR. NIP

I come from nowhere
And you should go there.
Just try it for a while.
The people from nowhere always smile.  -  Frank Zappa

Offline flex1appeal

Good stuff mr nip. I too took back my dignity and self respect by doing similar things when people pointed or laughed or made comments.

flex

Offline gabbyhey

• Gold Member
Haha, that's great Mr. Nip.  Don't you love just messing with people?  And flex1appeal, I think that you're right in a away that it is more of a problem people with their own gyne in their minds.  Its just those times that happened once in a while with me was all it took to keep the phobia of pools there.  Things like, "you've got cones man!"  (no, really?  I hadn't noticed)  I always would have a great day at the lake or the beach until someone mentioned it, and then it took me hours to enjoy myself again.

Offline manzeer

• Posting Member
What about getting naked at a strip club? With the ladies, of course. 8)

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024