Author Topic: Surgery Final solution?  (Read 4271 times)

Offline Blarneystoner

• Gyne sucks
asking a question im sure a million others have asked but, if i go through with this surgery, will I be "normal"? I just have puffy nipples, I doubt I need lipo. Is there a catch to the surgery? Will it leave horrible scars that are worse than gynecomastia?
Please, Jesus, make my gyne go away!

Offline aux513s

• Silver Member
It will probably leave slight scars that will go away. But your gynecomastia might return, and also the surgery might not have the desired results in the first place.

Offline Blarneystoner

• Gyne sucks
what do you mean? if they remove the gland, wont those be desired results? anything smaller is better than what i have.

Offline rcbrown23

Blarney... The majority of the cases come out just fine. There are a few that do not go as planned, but this is usually because the person did not do his research. Go to an endocrinologist and make sure that there is not an underlying hormone problem. Then find a  Doctor that has good experience with gynecomastia.

It will not grow back (endocrinologist) --- The results will be great (Experienced Plastic Surgeon)

It's that easy.

-Brown

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
It will not grow back (endocrinologist)

-Brown

Merle Yost was interviewed on 'Men With Breasts' and he said that 30% of first Gyne removal surgeries the Gyne returns to some extent.

John.
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline hypo

And the only reason that it would return is because of an underlying causative factor.

Which is why I have been banging on for the last year that all men should have endocrine investigations to ascertain the cause of their gynecomastia before looking to remove it via surgery.

Offline Blarneystoner

• Gyne sucks
I'm going to my regular family doctor tomorrow. If I don't take no for an answer (I WANT SURGERY!) how quick do you think I can have this all over and done with?

Offline Daveo

• Silver Member
  • Surgery with Dr. Bermant January 28, 2005
Depends on the surgeon's schedule...if you have the funds available you could probably get the surgery as early as within a month or as late as 6 months.  Remember, you want a PLASTIC surgeon, not a general surgeon.  You family doctor will most likely recommend a general surgeon.

Offline Blarneystoner

• Gyne sucks
2 questions. Would my regular doctor be able to work as an endocrinologist? Also, if my hormones are off (doubtfull but possible) what happens?

Offline nukem2k5

• Breasts belong on women!
No you need a real endocrinologist.  If they're off I believe there's medication you can take to balance them back out.  Hypo knows a lot about endo visits and what to do concerining hormones.
Reborn on May 24, 2005
Surgery Cost: $4,040
Dr. David Metzner - New Orleans, LA
My Photos
Two Years Post-Op Photos

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
The regular Family Doctor is a good place to start, but you want an Endocrinologist.  Even within the specialty, an endocrinologist who specialized in Thyroid problems would not do you much good.  Your family Doctor can get you started in the right direction.  

You may be a bit young yet for surgery, but it will not hurt to get the ball rolling. I could be wrong about this, but the endo would be able to tell if you are through puberty and physically mature enough to warrant surgery.

Not all Plastic Surgeons would be equally qualified either;  The same one who can restore function to a badly mangled hand might not be the best choice for something else.  Get one who has specialized in the kind of surgery you want.

As to your question about being normal, Your already are.  All the men in my family have Gynecomastia. For us,
being flat chested is not normal.  Though I'll agree breasts really look better on girls.
Grandpa Dan

Offline Blarneystoner

• Gyne sucks
my doctor reccommended me to a pediactric surgeon who specializes in gyne. Also, my dad and i arn't gonna take no for an answer.

Offline jc71

• Wilma, grab the lotion, we're going to the beach!
blarney, maybe you can give "cutting headz" some advice on how to talk to his parents, they don't seem very cooperative.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024