Author Topic: scarring..  (Read 2252 times)

Offline thatguy

• Bronze Member
im 3 weeks tomorrow and the scabs are all gone..the scar under my left looks good and my right is very noticeable and puffy.  Peoples post op pics are from a distance so i can't tell if other people have bad scars also...do these get better over time and will it be very noticable when my shirt is off.. and when people talk about massaging scar tissue, does that mean the scar on the nipple also? thanks

Offline gyneman

• Gold Member
Im post op 8 mths and still have built up scar tissue . My PS told me it can take up to a year to breakdown...I still have puffiness. Ask your dr. about cortisone shots.  :o

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
Check out my pics. I have two areola/nip close-ups (last two pics).

The scar tissue that is referred to here is the hardened tissue inside your chest. Shortly after surgery you will most likely feel very hard masses in your chest. It does dissolve with time. Some doctors advise to massage it to break it up. IMO, why not let Mother Nature take care of it. I didn't massage mine and it went away within a month or two.

Yes, the scars at your areolas will get better with time. Again, check out my pics. Your scars should heal to the point where they will be almost undetectable. No one will ever notice dude. Don't worry, be happy!  ;)

GB
« Last Edit: January 17, 2007, 02:35:57 PM by Grandpa Bambu »
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline jimyd77

• Posting Member
i have the same kind of hardened tissue that Grandpa Bambau refers to in his post.  my PS recommended massaging, as well as buying one of them (and I can't wait to see the wisecracks this info provokes) vibrating massagers.  i have to say it seems to work really well in breaking things up.  i'm 10 weeks post-op.

Offline PeterBateman

• Gold Member
What kind of massager do  you have?  I have a Thumper, its a 2 headed version of the 4 headed one in chiropractor offices...3 setting, low med high, and I wasnt sure if it was doing anything...my PS said I could use one, just curious if your PS recommended one in particular.

Offline jimyd77

• Posting Member
I just grabbed one at the local Sav-On...Hometics I think.  My PS said the vibration helps to break up the scar tissue, but didn't say anything about a particular type.  It seems to work though.

Offline PeterBateman

• Gold Member
ya maybe ill try that again...sick of rubbing my post op girl ti'ts

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024