Author Topic: testicles and gyne  (Read 2853 times)

Offline supersteve2181

• Posting Member
hi
i was just wondering what the link betweek testicles and gyne was? ive had a peanut size lump at the top of my left testicle since i was about 12,im now 25,i have been to see my gp about it last year and he says its prob just a cyst,no further tests were carried out,he did say if it was testicle cancer i would have been long dead if left that long without treatment.i also have gyne and was just wondering if these 2 problems could be linked? because when i read of folk going to there gps about gyne,i read that its normal for the gp to check the tesicles,,just wondering what hes actualy looking for?
cheers

Offline uk_steve

• Posting Member
you know its funny you should mention this, because ive always wondered if there was a link between something i had done and my 'sudden' weight gain

please see my thread (including pictures)

http://www.gynecomastia.org/smf/index.php/topic,8321.0.html

i had a cyst and fluid removed from one of my testicles when i was 16, within 4 weeks i started piling weight on and ive been fighting my weight ever since.

before that though, i could eat what i want i would never put weight on at all - so does make me wonder if theres a link between weight gain and the crown jewels.

Offline gabbyhey

• Gold Member
Well one thing is that too much estrogen will put on weight.  I don't know how it really applies to this topic, but maybe if your testosterone factory was damaged a bit, who knows?  Once again, I'm not a doctor so nobody jump down my throat if I got this wrong, ok?

Offline Hypo-is-here

Androgen deficiency or hypogonadism, both are commonly referred to as testosterone defciency.  That is not an exact description but it does the tirck so that people understand the point....

Testosterone deficiency is a condition associated with gynecomastia.  10% of all gynecomastia sufferers have testosterone deficiency.

Testosterone deficency is caused by one of, or rarely a combination of the following A) pooly functioning testicles, B) pooly functioning hypothalamus/pituitary or C) a metabolic cause.

Poorly functioning testicles then can equal poor levels of testosterone and that can mean testosterone deficiency and that in turn can often result in gynecomastia.

Sometimes an examination of the testicles can reveal (due to size and/or consistency) problems that point towards a cause of low testosterone.  In fact even in cases of hypothalamic/pituitary problems testicular problems are also found that point to this issue.

The above said good testicular size does not mean that you don't have a problem with testosterone because situations exist where testosterone production is A-1 but due to metabolic issues the body cannot use the testosterone being produced, such as cases of raised SHBG.

Also hormone induced gynecomastia can also stem from other problems such as overtly raised estradiol.

« Last Edit: January 18, 2007, 03:38:53 PM by Hypo-is-here »

Offline uk_steve

• Posting Member
what are the treatments then should this be the cause?

medications?, i'm sick of going under the knife lol  ::)

and when you say "poorly functioning testicles" in what way? i have no trouble during sex or ejculation
« Last Edit: January 18, 2007, 03:41:06 PM by uk_steve »

Offline Hypo-is-here

If a man has hypogonadism, the cause of the condition needs to be ascertained as this has an impact of what treatments can be used.

If low testosterone is found and the problem is caused by the hypothalamus/pituitary (hypogonadotropic) and the condition is post pubertal then GnRH, HCG or Clomiphene Citrate could be used to force the body into producing its own testosterone.  Or testosterone replacement therapy (TRT) could be used.

If the cause is that mentioned above, but pre pubertal in origin then the above would not work apart from TRT.

If the hypogonadism is testicular in origin (hypergonadotropic) then TRT is what would be used.

Where a conbination of problems exists some HCG and TRT maybe used or a variety of other meds.

In men where the problem is metabolic and cause by elevations in SHBG or estradiol then medications such as danazol or arimidex can sometimes help.

If the problem relates to a lack of a differing androgen- dihydrotestosterone, then that can sometimes be prescribed.

Where hormone problems stem from elevations in estrogen then treatments such as aromatase inhibitors such as arimidex (previously mentioned) or SERMS, such as Tamoxifen or (again previously mentioned) Clomiphene can be used.

Where TRT fixes the testosterone and/or DHT issues and estrogen becomes elevated arimidex can be added to the protocol in order to balance hormones.

The above is something I ran off in a few minutes and gives you an idea of the fact that it is quite complicated and requires a good endocirnologist or andrologist to treat....hypogonadism that is

All of the above would be to correct a hormone problem so as to prevent further development of gynecomastia- surgery would be the most effective option to take care of the existing problem.

If a man has hypogoandism and doesn't have that treated and just goes ahead with surgery the gynecomastia often re-develops.

when you say "poorly functioning testicles" in what way? i have no trouble during sex or ejculation

When they produce poor levels of testosterone.

« Last Edit: January 18, 2007, 03:56:37 PM by Hypo-is-here »

Offline uk_steve

• Posting Member
cool, you sound like you know what your talking about, i must admit most of that sounds double-dutch to me ;) but i'll have to get some research done:-

can you look at my pictures and tell me (iyo) if theres anything wrong with me.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/kxrj16

as said i excerise daily 30/40 mins, but often i feel bloated/uncomforbale wearing certain clothes.

i must admit noboby as ever said anything to me, so i'm unsure if a lot of it is in my mind (if you know what i mean).

i suspect if you lack testosterone, you will not only experence weight gain, but you will also have other things right?

like high voice
no need to shave as much

but i have no other problems
« Last Edit: January 18, 2007, 04:13:01 PM by uk_steve »

Offline Hypo-is-here

If you want to have this checked out then you need to see an andrologist or an endocrinologist who has an interest in reproductive endocrinology.

Odds are if you have no symptoms of ill health at all that you don't have hypogonadism, but symptoms of hypogonadism can be notoriously insidious so it is still worth ruling out, also all men with gynecomastia are best having such a check up anyway to rule out this and other issues that can cause gynecomastia.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024