Author Topic: Mastectomy Questions  (Read 6068 times)

Offline sadgyneguy

• Gold Member
  • Gyne transformed me into a living dead.
i had my lipo for 3 times already. now i want it to be removed.

1. will mastectomy guarantee the removal of gyne?
2. in case there will be concavity as a result of mastectomy, can it resolved by doing muscle workouts (eg bench press)?
3. I heard that subcutaneous mastectomy is the best for gyne gland removal? is it true?

Im losing hope. I already spent a lot of money on my 3 lipo operations.

i hope someone will enlighted me.
To get something you never had, you have to do something you never did...

Dr Benjamin Herbosa's Contact Info (Dr Benny)

Offline wall70

• Posting Member
I believe this is where Dr. Hypo (the in-house endocrinologist) should interject some useful advice.

Offline gynogone

• Bronze Member
What is a mastectomy and how is it different than general gyno removal?

Why doesn't everyone get this mastectomy if it's 100% not to regrow?

Offline jc71

• Wilma, grab the lotion, we're going to the beach!
Sad Gyne Guy:  Did the PS not remove enough fat or does it look good after surgery and then come back?

Ever considered consulting with an endocrinologist?

I think a mastectomy removes everything: fat, gland, lymph nodes. Radical Mastectomy also removes muscle (sometimes done if cancer spreads to the muscle). 

It sounds like a good idea, right? But the truth is, you don't want a mastectomy because, believe it or not, you actually want some gland and fat in the chest area.  It's simply looks better. The trick is finding a skilled surgeon to strike the appropriate balance. 

Offline wall70

• Posting Member
if you have an adequatley muscular chest sounds to me like a mastectomy would be the way to go. im talkin like bodybuilder here.

Offline sadgyneguy

• Gold Member
Sad Gyne Guy:  Did the PS not remove enough fat or does it look good after surgery and then come back?

Ever considered consulting with an endocrinologist?

I think a mastectomy removes everything: fat, gland, lymph nodes. Radical Mastectomy also removes muscle (sometimes done if cancer spreads to the muscle). 

It sounds like a good idea, right? But the truth is, you don't want a mastectomy because, believe it or not, you actually want some gland and fat in the chest area.  It's simply looks better. The trick is finding a skilled surgeon to strike the appropriate balance. 

i had 3 lipo from 2 different doctors.

my endocrines are normal as i had checked it up before the 2nd operation.

if mastectomy removes everything, then its a good news for me.   ;) as long as they dont remove my nipples and areola.  ;D ;D ;D

if you have an adequatley muscular chest sounds to me like a mastectomy would be the way to go. im talkin like bodybuilder here.
yeah i can move my muscles on my chest.  ;D

what i want now is really a mastectomy.

Offline sadgyneguy

• Gold Member

Offline angel_allen

• Silver Member
i had my lipo for 3 times already. now i want it to be removed.

1. will mastectomy guarantee the removal of gyne?
2. in case there will be concavity as a result of mastectomy, can it resolved by doing muscle workouts (eg bench press)?
3. I heard that subcutaneous mastectomy is the best for gyne gland removal? is it true?

Im losing hope. I already spent a lot of money on my 3 lipo operations.

i hope someone will enlighted me.

Hey buddy, take a google at "mastectomy photos" I dont think you will want that look somehow!
My local butcher could do a neater job on those poor women than those guys!

Offline gabbyhey

• Gold Member
A mastectomy is not what you need.  I know, because I had one.  I had a severe case, and it worked great.  But now I have scars.  As some people on here call it being "butchered".  For me being "butchered" was the best option because my case was severe enough I needed it.  In your case, I wouldn't go for the mastectomy because it doesn't look like you need something that drastic. 

Offline sadgyneguy

• Gold Member
hey dont scare me   :o :o :o

the doctor told me she will just remove subcutaneous tissues. and said that it will be not totally a mastectomy. maybe i dont have a severe case and i hope she knows what she's doing.  :)

being butchered is not a problem for me, as long as they will do it neatly  ;D

i wanna go surgery as soon as possible and fill this chest with muscles and stand shirtless on a beach  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Offline sadgyneguy

• Gold Member
i saw a gynecomastia treated by subcutaneous mastectomy. it looks very good http://www.plasticare.com/before_and_after_photos_gynecomastia.html

Offline gabbyhey

• Gold Member
Yeah, subcutaneous aren't so bad. Be sure to ask your doctor about dents and craters.  I understand that it gets a little tricky going the subcutaneous way.

Offline headheldhigh01

• destined to stand on a beach shirtless
good advice above by jc.  it's thorough but it may be too thorough, and although i don't like the idea of leaving gyne tissue in, the rest of it should be handled in a way that's good cosmetically.  if you cut the edge of the areola you'd think in most cases that would give them all the access they need. 
* a man is more than a body will ever tell
* if it screws up your life the same, is there really any such thing as "mild" gyne?

Offline sadgyneguy

• Gold Member
@headheldhigh01

nice advice there. actually i am confused right now. go with mastectomy or leave it this way. it seems better now, but still, I can't take my shirt on public ( i really want to swim!!!!).

on my second consulation from another surgeon, he gave me naproxen to minimize the swelling fast (since im just 2months lipo post op) and told me that the cut will be on the side of the breast not on the areola if will go with mastectomy. he discourages me to go with mastectomy and instead want to give a mesotherapy for me. i will get my breast ultrasound and will present it to him next week so that we may be able to plan how will everything go.

im really confused. we dont have skilled surgeons like Dr. Bermant since gynecomastia surgery is not that common here... :(

Offline headheldhigh01

• destined to stand on a beach shirtless
don't know all the details of your case, but i think it doesn't have to be as radical as full mastectomy.  a competent ps who knows gyne surgery specifically, very important, should be able to do a less radical excision i'd think. 

where is "here"?  have you searched the find a surgeon in your area boards for leads? 

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024