Author Topic: the doctor I picked is annoying me; tell me if this is normal  (Read 2272 times)

Offline rich19007

• Posting Member
I have my surgery scheduled for tomorrow.  From the get go, it seems I have gotten nothing but headaches.  My insurance is covering my gynecomastia surgery.  The doctor I picked was supposed to send in a pre-approval type thing to the insurance company to see if it would be covered.  He told me to wait 6 weeks because that is how long the process takes.  I waited 6 weeks and then called the doctors office.  The office said to call the insurance, which I did.  Here, the doctor's office never sent out the paperwork and I waited 6 weeks like an imbecile.  I got pissed at that point.  The doctor wound up calling me back to his office because he lost the photos he took.  In the meantime, I was calling all kinds of different surgeons and none of them delt with insurance companies, so I was stuck with this guy.

Offline gyneman

• Gold Member
How did your insurance cover this procedure? I work in the insurance field and 6 weeks seems too long for pre-approval. Call the insurance company yourself and ask how long pre-approval takes for this procedure. Probably, 2 weeks at most!! Good luck!!

Offline rich19007

• Posting Member
I did not get to finish what i was saying because i submitted it early on accident.  Anway, all of my doctors in the surrounding area assured me that this guy is a great surgeon, he has residents under him at the hospital, etc...  When I met with him for the pre-operative appointment, I was the one who had to bring up the topic of drains and vests.  
    I just got a call from the hospital and he schduled me in for a 1:30PM surgery because he has a surgery that morning.  Now I am pissed.  I called this doctor the other day telling him about my nerves and he would not prescribe me something.  I keep trying to give this guy the benefit of the doubt and he keeps doing things that are pissing me off.  I can not eat or drink anything after midnight tonight and this jackass has me coming in afternoon time. I also do not like the thought of being his second surgery of the day.  Is all of this normal???  I know I am in a part of the country where there is no such thing as customer service (Philly) and they act like they are doing you the favor, but come on already.  I just want to know if this is normal.

Offline rich19007

• Posting Member
I should have been more specific.  The insurance thing was the first hurdle I had with this guy, but that was straightened out.  The insurance compnay finally approved it.  That was a big hurdle though because the guy never put the paperwork in to begin with, and then I had to go back to his office to take the photos and things over again because he lost it.  My one doctor made an excuse for him, stating he probably overbooks himself for money and that he is a good doctor.  I am not impressed so far.

Offline flex1appeal

First off, I'd like to know how you managed getting insurance to cover gyne procedure? Most consider it cosmetic and the ones that will cover it you must prove it needs to be done for necessary medical reasons. Congrats on succeeding there bro. 2nd, you can eat up til 12 hours prior to surgery. So, really you have until til 1am or so. But yes, that is normal.

Offline rich19007

• Posting Member
I had some weird shit going on with my gyne.  I had gyne at puberty but recently, and this is some gross shit and embarassing, I had brown fluid leaking out of my nipples and my left one, (which is worse than the right), was in pain.  I took numerous tests: mammogram, ultrasound, etc.  I went to 2 different endocronologists and nobody could think of why it was happening.  All tests came out fine, and yet, the leaking continued.  Finally I said I want the shit cut out, I can not live life like this.  I did not even have to squeeze anything for it to come out.  Anway, the insurance company said no at first and to go to a general surgeon, who said he would do it but there would be indentation, etc.  I appealed the insurance company's decision and they changed their mind and said yes.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024