Author Topic: Another consult with a Dr. telling me there's noting he can do for me.  (Read 2040 times)

Offline johndoe

• Silver Member
I have had a total of 3 surgeries with below average results. I went for another consult to hopefully get a 4th surgery and this doc told me there's nothing he can do and I have to live with the condition. He said I have had scarring from the excision and excess skin and there's nothing he can do. He's supposedly a very reputable dr. in NJ and he was very curt and insensitive to me. He also charged me $65 for seeing me a grand total of 5 minutes.

Does anyone have any ideas? I am willing to deal with horrific scars if it'll make my chest at least look flat. At least then I can wear tight shirts and not feel like shit. :-[

Offline johndoe

• Silver Member

Offline headheldhigh01

• destined to stand on a beach shirtless
i'd be surprised at anyone who said excess skin can't be dealt with.  was the guy a ps with solid gyne experience?  some of the ones who specialize in gyne particularly do cleanup after less experienced ones.  i know it's not a second time for an opinion but consider a second opinion anyway. 
* a man is more than a body will ever tell
* if it screws up your life the same, is there really any such thing as "mild" gyne?

Offline sadgyneguy

• Gold Member
  • Gyne transformed me into a living dead.
Does anyone have any ideas? I am willing to deal with horrific scars if it'll make my chest at least look flat. At least then I can wear tight shirts and not feel like shit. :-[
i am planning to have my 4th surgery too, and i am willing to deal too with horrific scars. i had subcutaneous mastectomy in my mind. but im still planning on it.
To get something you never had, you have to do something you never did...

Dr Benjamin Herbosa's Contact Info (Dr Benny)

Offline tonysoprano

• FORGEDDABOUDIT!
I feel for you man.
Im kinda in the same boat with 2 ps's I have seen about nipples that are still  well puffy when not flexing (ie 99.9999%) of my life.

what the hell does one do when told " theres nothing more that I/we can do for you" by a ps, or when you get told "Its time to come to some level of acceptance of the result you have achieved surgically, and learn to live with it".

I mean, getting a slight improvement (but nowhere near what one was hoping for or expecting) and still being unable to take your shirt of and THEN... being told " theres just no more that can be done"... its crushing.

what do you see your options as being here man?

I know what this is like pal,
Tony
... and the saga continues

Offline johndoe

• Silver Member
I am going to see some other PS who advertises skin tightening, perhaps they'll have better news. I have also started using a skin firming lotion which has actually helped a tiny bit much to my amazement. We'll see I'm keeping a little hope alive, but at this point I'm getting close to conceding victory to the devil.

Offline headheldhigh01

• destined to stand on a beach shirtless
it ain't over till it's over, cross your fingers. 

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024