Author Topic: Almost 3 years post-op  (Read 2907 times)

Offline JasonER

• Posting Member
Hello everyone. I had surgery done in March of 2004, and let me tell everyone, it is well worth it. I had bad gynecomastia growing up after I gained weight when I was about 14. After my surgery, it took a while for everything to settle in (I'd say a few months), but the results were well worth it. I had never had a girlfriend because of my problem all throughout high school. After my surgery, I met a girl in college and we are engaged now. I can't tell you how different you will feel after the surgery. You won't think twice again about taking off your shirt. I had my surgery done in San Luis Obispo, CA, at a doctor named Gary Donath. He did an amazing job, and it only cost $2100 (which was way lower than what people were quoting at that time). Hes an extremely nice guy, and so was his staff. Just remember, the reason you don't see success stories on here is because people usually have great results, then never post here again. The surgery is completely pain free, and no one knows about it besides my doctor to this day. I hope this will encourage some of you to go through with it. I know I'm glad I did.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2007, 12:35:58 AM by JasonER »

Offline reaper33

• Silver Member
jason, man you are doing a great contribution to this site, and the sufferers who search seek advice and answers to this deformity, gotta say there are not many people  on here who had their surgery 3 years back and are as happy as you, again im only speaking of my experience here. and the fact that you pointed out that people with good results dont post here is well appreciated, but its not new, a lot people are aware of it already. id like to add that many people dont even know about this site, they simply visit their endo and go take their surgery, i for one knew very well about this condition and the fact that surgery is the only cure before coming here, however this site has and is still providing me with all the info i see, which i am very thankful of, i think that its a good idea that endocrinologists inform gyne sufferers about this website when patients are hesitant for surgery, this site provides an ultimate boost and courage to go under the knife. it has helped me and im in the process of going under the knife very soon,  seriously we need more encouragement like this, and expect more success stories like yours. good luck with everything bro. peace

Offline problem man

• Silver Member
Jason, did you visit an Endocrinologist or you directly had surgery?

Offline JasonER

• Posting Member

I visited a plastic surgeon because I knew it was not normal. He looked at it right away and said "You have gynecomastia." I pretended I didn't know what that was, but I had been on this site for months before my appointment. I was teased a lot in high school, so I knew something was wrong. I think these boards are great for getting people's opinion on if you have it or not.

Offline wall70

• Posting Member
thank you. you give me confidence to look into surgery

Offline problem man

• Silver Member

I visited a plastic surgeon because I knew it was not normal. He looked at it right away and said "You have gynecomastia." I pretended I didn't know what that was, but I had been on this site for months before my appointment. I was teased a lot in high school, so I knew something was wrong. I think these boards are great for getting people's opinion on if you have it or not.
I mentioned Endocrinologist because i though you might have checked for any Hormone Imbalance before surgery.
And yeah thanks for sharing your success story.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024