Author Topic: Booked surgery for gyno  (Read 1385 times)

Offline Manjibear

• Posting Member
I'm new to these boards.  But basically I just booked a surgery date for gynecomastia.  The procedure is PAL (power assisted liposuction). It is going to cost me $5300 CAD and I have already put a $1000 down with the remainder due 2 weeks before the op.  Bambu, I read somewhere in one of your posts that OHIP can pay for some of the fees, how would I go about getting those fees reimbursed.  I have already collected the recipts for tax purposes.

The only thing that bothered me during the consultation was that when I asked to see some photos of patients, the doc brushed aside the comments and asked me to go the website.  Which was kind of disappointing for me since he performs about a 100 of these procedures a year.

Offline buble

• Bronze Member
WOW, that's a lot of money, especially if you have health coverage in Canada.  Who's the surgeon?  Make sure you do your research, because a lot of surgeons only charge you for the lipo (which is usually under $2,000).  THIS is provided that they do the surgery in a hospital (where your stay and anesthesia and everything else are also covered by your health plan, as opposed to a private office).

Good luck
Surgery Date: Jan 9, 2007
Dr. H. Ukani, Vancouver, BC
Pre/post pics: http://www.flickr.com/photos/gynecomastia/

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024